Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shanpdx

macrumors 68030
Sep 24, 2008
Blazer town!
With all the money what Apple can do?

Steve always told Microsoft is tasteless.

Now, you have all the money in the world what steve you are going to do?

(other than keeping his money in the safe) :cool:

Still basic laptop costs $999 and outdated for two over years!!!

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
SIMPLY SPECTACULAR. What else can be said? Apple should start donating some money to bankrupt US, because they seem to be the only company doing a good job there.

MS IS DEAD. AND SO IS GOOGLE.

GO APPLE!

Dude, you're always on about MS being dead. Can't you just enjoy Apple taking a big **** on the industry while raking in the profits? All of these companies can coexist.

ikir

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2007

We all know MacBook is outdated.. but still is a very good computer, for a normal user it fast and with an incredible OS and software. It is important, not the spec. Naturally, me as a geek, i won't buy it.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
The Mac is selling better than ever... and still is just a fraction of Apple’s current business.

P.S. Thanks for including the graph!

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
The bottom line - iOS is more valuable to Apple than OS X. All the iOS products (iPad, iPhone) sold much better than even the inflated expectations. Analysts slightly overestimated Mac (and iPod) sales. Until a credible alternative emerges for tablets, Apple owns this market and is a money machine.

Apple hit $400/share after hours, up $23.

Apple...

macrumors 68020
May 6, 2010
The United States
I know Apple uses their treasure trove of cash to secure "key components", but after a certain while (which is probably now), they have more than enough...so what else could Apple do with the money? :confused:

thetexan

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2009
I applaud Apple and the free market for raking in these numbers. The beautiful thing about the United States is the freedoms we allow for businesses to have an unlimited potential of earnings brings us the innovative products Apple and companies like them Apple sells. Without the freedom of unlimited earning potentials we'd have no Google, Apple, Facebook, Microsoft and chances are this forum wouldn't even exist.

Now I'd like to point out the irony of the Che tshirt wearing hippies using Macbooks to write on their blogs (powered by Google probably) about how companies are evil thanks to massive profits and CEOs are overpaid.

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley

That's the reason they have those huge profits.

Most potential customers don't want cheap stuff with the latest top spec numbers. They want nice stuff that actually works well. Look and feel, and even fashion, are more important to customers with money than an extra GHz.

siii

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2010
Oxford, UK
This is what happens when you develop products people love to use!

iPods + iTunes were great, iOS iPhone and iPad are great products, and OSX and mac (imho) are generally better products than what windows/PC vendors produce. Apple are smashing the 'Mobile Device' market...

More companies should take note and innovate with passion, society heavily demands such items, if you can bring them to market you will make a killing for-filling this demand.

Congratulations apple, now don't disappoint me tomorrow :p

Bonch

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2005
Lithuania
I applaud Apple and the free market for raking in these numbers. The beautiful thing about the United States is the freedoms we allow for businesses to have an unlimited potential of earnings brings us the innovative products Apple and companies like them Apple sells. Without the freedom of unlimited earning potentials we'd have no Google, Apple, Facebook, Microsoft and chances are this forum wouldn't even exist.

Now I'd like to point out the irony of the Che tshirt wearing hippies using Macbooks to write on their blogs (powered by Google probably) about how companies are evil thanks to massive profits and CEOs are overpaid.

Well said my friend. Well said.

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland

And you, as a "Texan", think that only the US of A allows companies to be innovative and have big profits? Think again, please.

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
welcomex.png

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Wow, I own a fair amount of AAPL (bought it at $11.24) and follow them and the stock closely but these numbers are insane.

Benjamins

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
Keep in mind that's the after hours price. For all you know, it may open at $350 tomorrow during normal trading hours once everyone decides to cash in.

that rarely happens in a normal market.

Now it might happen if the Fed decides to raise interest rate significantly tomorrow morning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.