Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Starry

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2011
California
I asked this on another thread but;
Is Apple including Lion preinstalled in their new Macs? Are they changing the packaging and back up disks in the box? Is the box design(picture) going to be changed? I've been waiting weeks to buy my new Mac and I want it to be a total Lion machine. Thank you

MowsMek

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2011
Awesome

finally, i was hoping they wouldn't wait till the very end of the month, I have to say apple dosen't disapoint!

dawnrazor

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2008
Auckland New Zealand
Now Taking Bets

So new Software on Wednesday, will we get new Hardware on Wednesday or Thursday or Friday............ or next week

Place your bets people, I'm thinking Thursday for MBPs.....

Oh and Apples serves will shut down due to volume of downloads....

KaPOWitsCHRIS

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
United Kingdom
So new Software on Wednesday, will we get new Hardware on Wednesday or Thursday or Friday............ or next week

Place your bets people, I'm thinking Thursday for MBPs.....

Oh and Apples serves will shut down due to volume of downloads....

If they do, then that new server farm in NC is a flop.

Starry

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2011
California
To whoever was talking about iWork, they'll at least have to give it a minor update to support Lion; however, they haven't updated it in a while, so it will hopefully be iWork '11!

A hint might be that Apple stopped giving the $30 rebate to people who bought a new Mac after April 2011. Let's hope for a new iWorks!

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I've toyed with the idea of a clean install of Lion, but I just don't have time to reinstall all of those applications and then copy everything back over from a back up. I'd rather just upgrade in place and go from there.

murdercitydevil

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2010
california
I don't get why everyone is so convinced this is going to be a disaster and slow down the entire internet. I for one doubt the average Mac user is champing at the bit to upgrade Lion on release day, considering the recent article about iPhone 4 owners thinking they have 4G. Most of them probably don't even know Lion is being released, or that it's an App Store-only purchase.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
What exactly is the problem with iWork 09 in Lion? The Apple web site specifically states that it supports the native full-screen feature.

It doesn't support the Lion fullscreen (with integration with Mission Control/Spaces) and it doesn't support autosave/versions.

They showed iWork '09 with these features at WWDC so there will at least be a free update for that. iWork '11 would be nice, though.

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
I don't get why everyone is so convinced this is going to be a disaster and slow down the entire internet. I for one doubt the average Mac user is champing at the bit to upgrade Lion on release day, considering the recent article about iPhone 4 owners thinking they have 4G. Most of them probably don't even know Lion is being released, or that it's an App Store-only purchase.

I tend to agree with you. About 99% of Apple computer owners do not even realise sites like these exist nor will they all try to download Lion tomorrow.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Finally, a definitive release date. Does it come out at midnight or sometime in the afternoon, anyone know?

Nothing solid but IIRC iOS 4 was released at midnight Pacific time. It would make sense to drop it then while the east coast is sleeping to ease congestion.

dadoftwogirls

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2011
Florida
Whoopee doo? What about hardware updates? Mini, Airbook, others? Earnings report shows 14% increase in CPU sales over last year. Let's have some fresh stuff to buy!

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
It doesn't support the Lion fullscreen (with integration with Mission Control/Spaces) and it doesn't support autosave/versions.

They showed iWork '09 with these features at WWDC so there will at least be a free update for that. iWork '11 would be nice, though.

I really want a new iWork as well. Not sure what is taking them so long...other than the iWork team has been diverted to work on the iOS apps.

With iCloud though, iWork is supposed to manage documents in itself so it can sync across all the platforms, so maybe the new iWork will launch alongside that.

zerofour

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2011
UK
I asked this on another thread but;
Is Apple including Lion preinstalled in their new Macs? Are they changing the packaging and back up disks in the box? Is the box design(picture) going to be changed? I've been waiting weeks to buy my new Mac and I want it to be a total Lion machine. Thank you

I'm pretty sure the new Macs and ones on sale in store / on Apple site will have Lion pre-installed. Some machines still 'out there' in other stores may not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.