Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pafpiraat

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2011
Finally got it!

Mine arrived yesterday! Ordered May 23rd - arrived yesterday 20th of June.

Thanks to the SSD and maxed out i7 setup, its feels even faster than the Mac Pro 2x2.26 Quad Core Xeon at work.

pawtracks

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2009
Seattle, WA
Does anyone know the procedure for applying for a free upgrade or do we just wait until July?

Apple doesn't have a plan yet, other than the purchase after June 6th announcement.

"The Mac OS X Lion Up-To-Date upgrade is available at no additional charge via the Mac App Store to all customers who purchased a qualifying new Mac system from Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller on or after June 6, 2011. Users must request their Up-To-Date upgrade within 30 days of purchase of their Mac computer. Customers who purchase a qualifying Mac between June 6, 2011 and the date when Lion is available in the Mac App Store will have 30 days from Lion’s official release date to make a request."

Some have said it was announced in the keynote at WWDC but I do not see it: stream or download

Bottom line:
Relax, if you are eligible for a free copy you will be able to get it for free. Might take a phone call but I am confident they will work it out.

Watch here or go here to sign up to be notified.

I know many are focusing in on: "Users must request their Up-To-Date upgrade within 30 days of purchase of their Mac computer."

My $0.02, we are just over 2 weeks out from the opening of the June 6th window (half-way to the earliest possible 30 days) Let's see what happens July 1st :)

Patience... ;)

Norne

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2010
Norway
Ketchup effect

Wow, this thread has gone quiet. I guess that almost everyone is enjoying their new iMac. :)

It was the all-at-once-effect: first nothing, then nothing, then a hiccup, then the intense first week of deliveries.:)

As BTO delivery times are normalized and the whazzup-thrill is gone, I guess the forum sticky is sufficient for this kind of minutia;)

It was great fun for a few weeks, though- thanks:cool:

iRobz

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2010
I ordered my fully kitted out 27" on the day they announced the BTS promo (16th?) and I have an eta of Tue 28th.

I'm not sure how you lot managed to track whereabouts in the world, what flight it was etc. My apple status screen just informs me that carrier details will update shortly.

My first new mac in 6 years. / excited :D

Vanan Navarasan

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2011
On a tiny island in ASEA
Awaiting for My iMac!!!

Shipped on: 22/06/2011 via DHL EXPRESS

Custom Configuration

IMAC 27" :D
|3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7|
|16GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM -4x4GB|
|2TB Serial ATA Drive+256GB SSD|
|AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB GDDR5|
|MAGIC MOUSE+MAGIC TRACKPAD|
|Apple WL Kybd+User's Guide-ZP|

Delivers: 24/06/2011

fungflex

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2010
My 27 inch iMac with 256gb SSD + 1tb drive arrives today.....it's on the FedEx truck for delivery now.

Ordered 6/16 to get my BTS gift card.

IMAC 27"/2.7QC/6770M

Part Number: Z0M6
With the following configuration:
PROCESSOR 065-0248 2.7GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
MEMORY 065-0251 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB
HARD DRIVE 065-0310 1TB Serial ATA Drive+256GB SSD
GRAPHICS 065-8998 AMD RadeonHD 6770M 512MB GDDR5

rslifka

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2011
Has anyone opened their shiny SSD iMac?

I'd like to swap in an SSD for the primary HDD and there were supposedly fan speed issues, etc. Curious what we've learned by opening these up.

Rob

pawtracks

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2009
Seattle, WA
For those of you trying to get a free upgrade to Lion based on a ship date of after June 6th, (regardless of the "order" date) I just got off a call with Apple (12-15 minute wait time, sure to get longer)

If you go to this site, enter your serial number and "ship date" as the purchase date it should work fine (In an hour or two). They are having system wide issues with any serial number being entered, all are getting rejected.

Working for me - 11:15 am PST 7/20

Entered ship date (6/10 for me) as purchase date
Apple Store
Cupertino, CA

My iMac was qualified and it sent me through the checkout process for $0.00 and gave me a redemption code for the app store.

lion.png

Last edited:

dfine1966

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2011
For those of you trying to get a free upgrade to Lion based on a ship date of after June 6th, (regardless of the "order" date) I just got off a call with Apple (12-15 minute wait time, sure to get longer)

If you go to this site, enter your serial number and "ship date" as the purchase date it should work fine (In an hour or two). They are having system wide issues with any serial number being entered, all are getting rejected.

I plan on listing my place of purchase as:
Apple Store
Cupertino, CA

I'll update when it works for me.

I had the same problem. Was on the phone this morning, 8:30 am eastern time, U.S. The said I was one of the first to call about this problem. I was on the phone for 40 minutes. They said they were working on the problem and send me an email when they had fixed the problem. They did say I was eligible, even though I had bought the BTO iMac, but it shipped after June 6. For my troubles, they gave me a few more perks. I am buying a MacBook Air for my daughter, and they gave me some nice coupon codes to use at the Apple online store for nice discounts, that can be used with my companies discount.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.