Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

legreve

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
Denmark
Well here we go already... or it could just be me.

But after I installed Lion, I lost the swipe for browsing webpages back and forth with right and left swipes. And for the love of me I can't seem to find anything that refers to that in the swipe settings :(

I really miss this function as I often swipe my way through forums etc.

Anyone who can fix me?

goomba

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
You should still be able to swipe back and forward, at least in Safari, but the behavior is slightly different. The direction is reversed (to go with the new scrolling) and it's less of a "swipe" and more of a page flip. Try dragging two or three fingers slowly from left to right and you should see what I mean.

legreve

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
Denmark
You are right... I guess it's a compatibility issue with FireFox that's the culprit here.

Thanks for clearing this up :)

dccorona

macrumors 68020
Jun 12, 2008
Well here we go already... or it could just be me.

But after I installed Lion, I lost the swipe for browsing webpages back and forth with right and left swipes. And for the love of me I can't seem to find anything that refers to that in the swipe settings :(

I really miss this function as I often swipe my way through forums etc.

Anyone who can fix me?

change the settings for flipping between pages from 3 fingers to 2 fingers, and the gesture will "magically" work again...I'm using it right now in chrome

benhollberg

macrumors 68020
Mar 8, 2010
Three-finger-swipe in Twitter for Mac to open links is also not working, it changes desktops which isn't bad but I'd like to open links to.

Jeremy Burns

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2011
London
Use four fingers

Four finger swipes enable back/forwards in Safari and Firefox without configuration. Feels odd, but there you are.

JimDeGuz

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2011
What's strange is that the finger swipes work with Chrome but you have to use 4 fingers and only when I have my MBP connected to my TV using the Magic Trackpad. I only realized that the 4 finger swipe didn't work when I took the MBP off the TV.

The 2 finger page turn works on Safari only for me so far...

blastair

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2009
I've been really liking Lion thus far, but I'm having a hard time doing the new swipe in Safari. The direction of the two fingered swipe makes sense to me, and I like the animation, but it seems slower the the traditional three fingered swipe; is anyone else experiencing that as well? I can three finger swipe back and forth quite quickly, but the two fingered swipe causes the page to load, and doesn't always resume the position that the page was on before.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
I don't know about you guys but 3 finger swipe works fine for me in chrome, firefox and even twitter

dccorona

macrumors 68020
Jun 12, 2008
OK so have sussed that in Safari, the fact it doesn't work for me in Chrome, does that suggest it needs somehow enabling in Chrome?

the way it works in safari would have to be added to chrome, as it isn't technically forward/back, but rather "paging".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.