Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ronaldcastillo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
I'm doing a clean install and it's been about 45 minutes to an hour since I've started the installation process. How long does it take to install Lion on your Mac?

Kjempeblakk

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2011
I'm doing a clean install and it's been about 45 minutes to an hour since I've started the installation process. How long does it take to install Lion on your Mac?

The whole process (excluding download) took approx. 1h15min on my 2.4GHz core 2 duo. Did not do clean install, just upgraded.

Seems to go a lot faster for many others, especially if you have SSD...

UKBeast

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2010
Turkey
The whole process (excluding download) took approx. 1h15min on my 2.4GHz core 2 duo. Did not do clean install, just upgraded.

Seems to go a lot faster for many others, especially if you have SSD...

installation
speed is not an issue, but it is important how fast and stable lion is working in comparence with sl ?

Have you seen any performance improvment over sl?

My concern is having higher cpu temps and higher fan speed.

rien333

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
The Netherlands
Wow guys, I formatted my disk first, (did the "overwrite with zeros" option) and the installation was about 19/18 minutes on my 2.26 GHz core 2 duo mac mini. Thats way faster then others with faster Macs.
Lion is amazing. :)

IzzyJG99

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2007
Upgrade from 10.6 to 10.7 takes longer on my iMac. About 35-40 minutes. A Clean Install for me was about 20 minutes.

I did a Clean Install over the Lion Recovery USB stick I made three days ago. For some reason it took 4 hours to download Lion. Servers sometimes get taxed, I think.

dacoolest

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2011
Last time I reinstalled, the whole process including the downloadings were indicating a total of 6 hours (The download speed from Apple was super super slow, perhaps due to my geographical location).

And my internet connection was faulty those days. It was getting disconnected automatically once per few hours. So, I had restart the installation several times. So, the total time the installation took would be about 5-6 days. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.