Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

monta17

macrumors member
Original poster
May 7, 2009
Michigan
I've used FlippingBook software from page-flip.com and it is beautiful. Creates elegant flip books from pdf files. I've used these to create company catalogs that we put on our websites. The problem is that this program only works on a PC. I have to create my pdf files and then try to find someone with a PC to run my files through the program.
I am looking for a similar programs that works with Mac.
Here is a link to the program I am talking about:
http://page-flip.com
check out some of their demos - their beautiful (not clunky looking like some I've seen.
Thanks.

truehuman

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2007
InDesign?

I'm pretty sure InDesign in CS4 has the ability to do this feature - but think it generates an SWF. Not sure if this helps

idea gal

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2011
Keynote

Have you tried Keynote (part of iWork)?
I recently opened an old keynote file, saved it as a pdf and it "played" fine, music and all. Then I uploaded it to my server to view online, fine again.

A note: When saving a pdf for the web, downsize the file, to ensure it is not too large

Hope this helps you.

1exiconZ

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2012
I recently opened an old keynote file, saved it as a pdf and it "played" fine, music and all. Then I uploaded it to my server to view online, fine again.

A note: When saving a pdf for the web, downsize the file, to ensure it is not too large

Hope this helps you.

Hi, Would you allow me to see this working, or for me to see how you made the file? (new to mac) Stephen

wildreign

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2012
Trying to find pdf flip book software for Mac

Originally Posted by idea gal View Post

Hope this helps you.
Hi, Would you allow me to see this working, or for me to see how you made the file?

I have Keynote but I have never used it so
i would love to also know how to do this---it would help greatly!

willow1

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2011
Hi monta17

I have an identical question - I produce maybe 4 or 5 a year for different websites - but would like Mac software. Did you find anything good or did you go back to page-flip?

Cheers!

Simona

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2016
I've used FlippingBook software from page-flip.com and it is beautiful. Creates elegant flip books from pdf files. I've used these to create company catalogs that we put on our websites. The problem is that this program only works on a PC. I have to create my pdf files and then try to find someone with a PC to run my files through the program.
check out some of their demos - their beautiful (not clunky looking like some I've seen.
Thanks.
Hello,

I have all my publications online and I am really satisfied with the quality of my pdf flip books. I am using www.paperturn.com they also have great service. You can try it yourself for 14 days for free. I hope this helps you. :)

Loredana91

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2016
Thanks.

Hi,

I am now using a great app Flip Box by Papionne, this app allows me to create and publish magazines,
catalogs or PDFs and to enriched the content with videos, pictures or animation. It works on both
operating systems, iOS and Android. Check here to see how great it is
http://papionne.com/products/flipboxapp/

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
Hi,

I am now using a great app Flip Box by Papionne, this app allows me to create and publish magazines,
catalogs or PDFs and to enriched the content with videos, pictures or animation. It works on both
operating systems, iOS and Android. Check here to see how great it is
http://papionne.com/products/flipboxapp/

Looks nice!

Doesn't look like you can use it to make flippable PDFs and embed them on a site. That's what I'm looking for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.