Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JUiCEJamie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
Sorry for being an absolute douche guys, but I can't figure out the Shortcut Key to put apps into full screen in Lion?

^⌘F

Does anyone have a clue?

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I use the arrows in the top right and ESC to exit. However I'm having a problem with Chrome. It goes into full screen but ESC dont return it. How do you shortcut OUT of full screen and does it work with Chrome.

I have had to close/restart Chrome to exit full screen mode.

MarsDude

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2011
ctrl + cmd + F is in the view menu, but doesn't work here either. Tried it on Safari and Mail.

MarsDude

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2011
Found it! Evernote uses the same shortcut for it's search. Open Evernote and in the preferences click that shortcut and change it to something else.

Now the Full-screen shortcut works.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Found it! Evernote uses the same shortcut for it's search. Open Evernote and in the preferences click that shortcut and change it to something else.

Now the Full-screen shortcut works.
Thanks, that fixed Full Screen. Now how do I fix Exit Full Screen?

brichardson

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2007
Reverting from Full Screen in Chrome

Shift + Command + F works for me as a toggle in all apps. All "full screen" compatible apps have the "outward pointing arrows" at the top right to make them go full screen. MOST full screen apps will then have the "inward pointing arrows" at the top right of the screen (next to the Spotlight icon) that will cause the app to go back to windowed mode.

The inward pointing arrows are NOT available at the top right of the screen when in Chrome in Full Screen app mode - you'll need to use the Keyboard Shortcut.

that user

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2011
Uhm... I have a question about the full screen, too.

Why is the transition animation so so ugly? And is there any way to change it? (I thought there might be an option somewhere like the minimizing animation option.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.