Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steve's Barber

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2011
Excellent!

The more people that pay for Lion and use it, the more they'll scream for 10.7.1.

A good OS but too many quirks right now.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
A whole new OS? your kidding right?
It's a slower Snow Leopard with "NEW" WALLPAPER and "NEW" HORRIBLE Exposè.
Come on guys this is Apple Vista, it must be free.

Let's see. News is that Apple sold over a million copies of Lion in 24 hours. Your first post is to recommend downloading illegal copies. Your second post compares Lion to the biggest flop in operating system history and insults Apple's engineers and implicitly anyone buying it.

So answer me this: Are you trolling because you are just a nasty person, or is it some weird insecurity that makes you behave this way?

res1233

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
Brooklyn, NY

No... I had lag problems initially because spotlight decided to reindex my entire drive, and time machine decided to verify my entire backup, plus the genius in me decided to try to do some compiling while I waited for those two to finish, so... Anyway, no. Now that it's all done, Lion is showing great performance. Switching between fullscreen apps is amazingly fluid, and I love it. It's a much more organized way of dealing with your apps, and spaces is even better now that you can switch between spaces the same way.

Early testing of the new 3.2 OpenGL engine shows a performance decrease for some reason, however the engine is new, so I expect it has much room for improvement. I'll wait till 10.7.3 before I worry since I doubt many apps will have ventured into that area before then. Also, the OpenGL Extensions Viewer app may not be fully optimized yet. Incase anyone's interested in messing with it, it's in the MAS now.

I really don't get how people can call this a Vista. Apple did go a bit animation crazy this time, which is arguably unneeded bloat, but personally it's bloat that I like very much, and it doesn't really interfere with the performance of my apps like vista's bloat did. Upgrading from Vista to 7 showed a real performance increase of around 10fps in some games. I doubt that will be true with Lion to 10.8.

Plus, people aren't sticking with Snow Leopard like they did with XP for years.

zerofour

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2011
UK
Haven't installed Lion yet (like others will wait, as use for my business). But seriously, Apple 'Vista'..? I worked with Vista with endless clients with problems and it was a complete nightmare. Lion is no Vista, period. As for people torrenting a $30 product (£20.99), sorry I don't agree with it. I personally want to live with integrity as far as I'm able - people's lack of integrity costs each of us every day in all kinds of ways!

Right, I'm off to check a few answer machine messages... :p

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
What a week for Apple. Record profits, iPhone overtakes Nokia and one million copies of Lion sold. I can't take it anymore. I feel like Tarzan swinging from the vine.

Cheffy Dave

macrumors 68030
Tell that to the people I see everyday without jobs, computers at home, or internet access. I doubt Lion is anywhere on their radar much less a comprehension of the alphabet, the skills to use a GUI, or even basic problem solving skills.

Seriously posting here is some bizarro world, occasionally corpo-sycophantic, detached reality compared to what exists just stepping outside the door or going to work. The shock is rather jarring sometimes.

So true E man, so true!60% of this country are suffering:(

Cheffy Dave

macrumors 68030
Let's see. News is that Apple sold over a million copies of Lion in 24 hours. Your first post is to recommend downloading illegal copies. Your second post compares Lion to the biggest flop in operating system history and insults Apple's engineers and implicitly anyone buying it.

So answer me this: Are you trolling because you are just a nasty person, or is it some weird insecurity that makes you behave this way?

Gnasher to the rescue!

WestonHarvey1

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2007
Haven't installed Lion yet (like others will wait, as use for my business). But seriously, Apple 'Vista'..? I worked with Vista with endless clients with problems and it was a complete nightmare. Lion is no Vista, period. As for people torrenting a $30 product (£20.99), sorry I don't agree with it. I personally want to live with integrity as far as I'm able - people's lack of integrity costs each of us every day in all kinds of ways!

Right, I'm off to check a few answer machine messages... :p

I call shenanigans on the Vista comparison. Apple supposedly already had their Vista - I believe that was the accusation leveled at Leopard.

You only get one Vista. You're not allowed two.

polaris20

macrumors 68020
Jul 13, 2008
Adobe Suite dosen't work on this new GREAT OS. I work with my mac I don't play like with iPad so I don't install it. That's all from me.

So you use your machine for work, to generate money, presumably, but you install an OS the day it comes out?

Probably not the best idea.

JPTech

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2009
It's fantastic to see the amazing growth rates in sales from Tiger to Lion. PREPARE THE MAC TAKEOVER!!!!! :D

gorgeousninja

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2007
secret mountain retreat
Tell that to the people I see everyday without jobs, computers at home, or internet access. I doubt Lion is anywhere on their radar much less a comprehension of the alphabet, the skills to use a GUI, or even basic problem solving skills.

Seriously posting here is some bizarro world, occasionally corpo-sycophantic, detached reality compared to what exists just stepping outside the door or going to work. The shock is rather jarring sometimes.

So please tell us how stealing from people helps anyone but the selfish people who do it. Illegal downloading of software/music/movies as opposed to buying is tempting, like shoplifting is tempting to some juveniles.
If you are so into sharing please let us know your bank account details and address so we can all come and 'share' your stuff... No, didn't think so...

dndlnx

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2010
I would be part of those million.

But I'm waiting it out....to see what the deal is on compatibility with some of my most used (but possibly more obscure) apps.

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada

Make an appointment with Reality immediately. Your condition is worsening.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Its always nice to see good news like this shut up the usual suspects that have been bad mouthing Lion from the start and suggesting that Lion be delayed until the end of the year because it's so buggy. Seriously?

And this is why Apple is so successful. Because they are not run by cynical folks like these. A few early bugs are easily worth that one million sales out the door.

Good work Apple :)

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
I would be part of those million.

But I'm waiting it out....to see what the deal is on compatibility with some of my most used (but possibly more obscure) apps.

Why not just ask?

You're on an Apple tech site, after all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.