Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

janey

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
went to seoul, south korea and the british isles, what an unbelievable vacation.

had tons of fun, and felt like posting pictures on these forums. call me an attention whore all you want, but some of the pictures are great, like the 1337 clock we discovered on the London Underground and the huge electronics mall in south korea :p

in total it's more than 2000 pictures, so i'm gonna take my time weeding through and uploading them. Then again, school starts soon so I might not have time to. Nevertheless, iPhoto comes in so handy :p

Korea (most of them happen to be of relatives or me, but the ones in the middle are of some places i went to) - http://img232.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=untitled4copy7mv.jpg&cols=4

Ireland, Scotland, Wales, England... -
http://img48.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=dscn09235qn.jpg&cols=4
http://img82.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=11414704jg.jpg&cols=4

you won't believe the size of the apple store in london hehe.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Welcome back, übergeek. I'm glad your trip went well.

You missed the worst rainstorm here in L.A. in quite some time. Although there may be more, so keep your snorkel handy.

Edit: It would be nice if you rotated the portrait-orientation ones. Hint hint.

snkTab

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2004
Cincinnati, OH
He used a Nikon e4200. Man I'm good.

Sidenote: copy the image to your desktop or whatever and get info/properties on the file. It can tell you useful stuff like he was using sRBG, 8mm Focal Length, F/2.8, Exposure 1/12 sec, blah blah blah.

janey

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
yeah pretty much.
i just used my nikon coolpix 4200

im not entirely too sure though, some of the photos were taken with other cameras. i think in the second gallery they're all with the same camera.

but...
i'm a girl

sorry to burst your bubble.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
Is that a hole in the window of the plane?
I bet you felt nice and safe on that flight?!?!

janey

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
bartelby said:
Is that a hole in the window of the plane?
I bet you felt nice and safe on that flight?!?!
:confused:
Aren't there always holes in the windows? That was just the frost that developed on the window.

My greater worry was the very rocky landing at the Dublin airport. First time I ever truly felt that if the bouncing up and down continued i'd want to throw up.

edit: found this googling. Explanation for the frost.
http://www.jacobsen.no/anders/blog/...ce_crystal_formation_in_airplane_windows.html

janey

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
virividox said:
welcome back!!!
hey thanks!
i'm half unhappy and half happy about coming back home.
Basically the only thing I like about being back is the food and that i'm actually _home_ with my bed, my bathroom, my computers, et cetera.
Otherwise, I just want to live in London. Or Seoul. Both work for me. Both are awesome. Nevertheless, it's just not as diverse as Los Angeles. I like knowing that I can drive fifteen miles and encounter restaurants with cuisine from over ten countries and melanges of different foods as well (Koreanized Chinese food, Americanized Brazilian food, you get the idea.)

I did lose a lot of weight travelling though, that might have been because portions outside of the US are tiny, and you get into the habit of walking more and driving a car less. Plus food is more expensive. Soo...yeah.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
nice photos. loved the ones of dublin. sounds like the trip of a lifetime!

matticus008

macrumors 68040
Jan 16, 2005
Bay Area, CA
übergeek said:
:confused:
Aren't there always holes in the windows? That was just the frost that developed on the window.
Yep, there are always holes (at least since the 1950s). They don't carry through all the layers of the window, of course. They're for pressure and moisture concerns, mostly.

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
übergeek said:
...Otherwise, I just want to live in London. Or Seoul. Both work for me. Both are awesome...

My mother told me: "Living somewhere and working somewhere are totally different." Man, was she ever right; I used to love Japan before I actually started living & working here :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.