Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macdudesir

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 16, 2011
Blacksburg, VA
I have a Verizon iphone 4 that i just got 1 month ago and just today my gf said she hasn't been receiving my texts...at least half of them...some go through but not all of them...i can't find anything to do with the iPhone i found that it was happening to people with droids but i never found a fix...im clueless any help would be appreciated :)

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
More information please.

-What phone does she have?
-Does she not only get your message when you text from a certain location? (like Home or Work).
-Does she not only get your message when She is in a certain location? (like Home or Work).
-Are the messages regular text message or are they MMS?
-When texting from various locations, whats your reception generally like, as well has her reception?

macdudesir

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 16, 2011
Blacksburg, VA
More information please.

-What phone does she have?
-Does she not only get your message when you text from a certain location? (like Home or Work).
-Does she not only get your message when She is in a certain location? (like Home or Work).
-Are the messages regular text message or are they MMS?
-When texting from various locations, whats your reception generally like, as well has her reception?

Thanks for the speedy reply...
1-EnV 3
2-It happens everywhere
3-So far it has happened at a theme park and home
4-Regular texts
5-My reception varies from 3 to 5 bars where I generally go...4 bars at home and she gets 1-4 bars...one bar should be fine shouldn't it? I'm talking to her on the phone (not texting) right now and she has one bar, i thought texts needed less signal than calls...

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
A quick Google search does show that this is happening to a lot users and the issue is actually going to be with your GF phone rather than your iPhone. Has she tried calling Tech Support?

I forgot to ask before, are you getting her messages?

macdudesir

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 16, 2011
Blacksburg, VA
A quick Google search does show that this is happening to a lot users and the issue is actually going to be with your GF phone rather than your iPhone. Has she tried calling Tech Support?

I forgot to ask before, are you getting her messages?

Not sure what you searched, but thank you. Also i am getting all of her messages....

kfergiez

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2010
I have a Verizon iphone 4 that i just got 1 month ago and just today my gf said she hasn't been receiving my texts...

I'm sorry, but it has to be said, the door is wide open. Maybe she's just not into you anymore.

kvaughan

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2011
Check and see if your iPhone is adding +1 in front of the number. Try removing it and see if the other person gets the text. I had this problem when I was with Verizon and as soon as I removed the +1 from all numbers text went through fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.