Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeLoMan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2008
I was downloading Lion with my Dev account from the Mac App store as I was re-partitioning my HD. Something went wrong with the download and I can't seem to restart or resume it! I have uninstalled the App Store and re-installed by running the 10.6.6 combo updater again. When I try the redemption code, I am informed that it was already used.

Now all I can see in the App Store when trying to redownload is this:

Any tips/tricks to erase that and re-start the download? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Problem.jpg
    Problem.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 2,315
Last edited:

tourada

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2011
Idaho
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

Contact apple. I've heard of that happening on the developer forums. They could help.

DeLoMan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

Contact apple. I've heard of that happening on the developer forums. They could help.
I did an hour or so ago. Waiting to hear back.

tourada

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2011
Idaho
I did an hour or so ago. Waiting to hear back.
Ok good. I just checked the developer forums. Said the same thing. Contact apple. It may take a little bit right now since Lion was just released and this issue seems like it happened to quite a few.

DeLoMan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2008
From the Dev forum, this fixed it for me:

"For those of you who have received "An error has occurred" while downloading the Lion Developer Preview in the App Store, here is a fix to start the download again:

1. Close the App Store.
2. Open Finder and browse to your home directory (~)
3. Open up Library/Application Support/AppStore/manifest.plist in Xcode.
4. Change the values 'failed' and 'paused' from YES to NO.
5. Move the directory '420410606' to the Trash.
6. Launch the App Store, go to Purchases and click Resume."

makina

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2011
no no it's not "failed" to YES and "pause" to NO,

It's "failed" to NO and "pause" to YES!!

asorta

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2008
Redownload is easy.

Launch the App Store
While holding down the OPTION key, click on the “Purchases” section
You should see “OS X Lion” and “Install” should now be gray and you can click that to re-download Lion (you may have to re-authenticate within the App Store with your Apple ID).

That’s it!

yomibro

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2008
I was searching the forums to see how to re-download Lion again and here is the answer that I needed, thanks!

Dcuellar

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2010
Launch the App Store
You should see “OS X Lion” and “Install” should now be gray and you can click that to re-download Lion (you may have to re-authenticate within the App Store with your Apple ID).

That’s it!

And where is it downloaded to? Sorry for the stupid question.

lamerica80

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2008
Eh what? My install failed to and i went back to SL, then appstore and the Lion button said "install" so i just installed it again.

Don't tell me I just bought Lion twice!

Futhark

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2011
Northern Ireland
Launch the App Store

That’s it!

I can't get this to work? it just shows me my purchased apps including Lion and has the word installed frayed out but it is not clickable

iwan073

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2011
The Netherlands
I can't get this to work? it just shows me my purchased apps including Lion and has the word installed frayed out but it is not clickable

Option-click on the name of the Lion app.
After you do that you'll be able to buy it again. It tells you the price, but when you login your apple account, it says you already have it and it gives you the option to download it again.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Option-click on the name of the Lion app.
After you do that you'll be able to buy it again. It tells you the price, but when you login your apple account, it says you already have it and it gives you the option to download it again.

it's cranky, but it works. first i got a message:
lionerror.jpg

then, i tried again, logged in, and, as above....

jcpenn

macrumors member
May 20, 2009
believe it or not, none of above tricks or tricks on other forum or blog would work for me, such as - http://themacscreencastguy.com/blog/2011/7/24/re-downloading-lion.html

I believe it's something related to the cookies or temp files or whatever files that apple stored in my hard drive (not the Lion app for sure since I already deleted the corrupted download).

My last resort is to find another Mac machine that has never went online to AppStore, login to my account, retyped in my cc info. Boom, it now let me redownload it.

Man... 8 hours of my time were gone because of this stupid thing. Apple should make it easier. I would love to pay 200 dollars to apple if I would only want to purchase another Lion from my apple id. Unfortunately from the same account, I could not ,even I was willing to pay 200 dollars :(
I dont want to create another apple id with same cc info.

8 hours of my time equals to 500 dollars :(

jcpenn

macrumors member
May 20, 2009
forgot to say, when using a new computer to login to Appstore to redownload lion, make sure you hold the option key before launching App Store. I dont know if that did the trick in the new OS, it at least worked for me after trying several OS and Macs. I am also surprised that apple is going to release 10.7.2 ?? another nightmare of app store download? geez, give me a break, Apple

try something easier and more user friendly. dont put cookies or any small files in our computer to control thinigs in App store. Make it simple , reusable, and friendly. Everything now is Cloud based. You want iCloud right? Apple?
dont hide any temp files to control app store in local disk. Make everything online and we can modify it and redownload whatever we have purchased.

1 star for poor Lion at my poor beginning :( (N)(N)(N)(N)(N)

biggenie

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2011
U.S.A.
I have two Mini servers that were purchased in late May of this year. I had Snow Leopard Server on them and upgraded to Lion. I had some issues after the upgrade so I thought I'd start with a clean install. I had a boot image of the Lion OS that I was able to get from an upgrade on my MacBook Pro. This is a good image because I used it to do a scratch install on the MacBook Pro. Also, I have the additional Server.app that was download from the App Store with the Lion Server OS. The problem I’m having is the Mini will not load the Lion image. The log says, “Couldn’t find Mac OS X (Server) install data”. Part of the problem is when you download the Lion Server it forces you to get Lion first and then you get the honor of buying and downloading the server component (that’s $87.58/per Mini with tax). After the upgrade the install gets deleted on the server.

I’ve made bootable DVD and USB images that work great with the MacBook Pro. I haven’t been able to find anything on what to do about a boot image for Lion Server. I’m stuck right now and I think I’m going to have to reload Snow Leopard Server off of the DVD that came with the Mini server (read irony, loathing and frustration here) and then redo the download for Lion Server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated with regard to making a bootable Lion OS Server image.

One other thing; Lion will not load on a RAID mirrored pair due to the recovery crap. Grrrr….

http://www.infoworld.com/d/networking/why-it-wont-mac-os-x-lion-server-167787?page=0,0

Gregnyrfan

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2011
Hold OPTION while selecting MacLion Icon and hold OPTION while clicking "Install" button.

Gregnyrfan

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2011
For a more detailed location on where the AppStore downloads the files -->

You have to have Hidden Files SHOWING!!!

Macintosh HD \ private \ var \ folders \ xv \ ttygflms2w1frc41jvtd85zc0000gn \ C \com.apple.appstore

This is where AppStore downloads and stores files before installation.

NOTE: some of the filenames could be different than mine (ttygfl... and C)

Hope this helps.

dyn

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2009
.nl
Hold OPTION while selecting MacLion Icon and hold OPTION while clicking "Install" button.
This does not work for a lot of people. It is a hit or miss feature. I actually had to open the MAS, click on Purchased and then option click on the label next to the Lion icon. That opened the Lion page with a button saying "install".

macbookman83

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2011
New York
This does not work for a lot of people. It is a hit or miss feature. I actually had to open the MAS, click on Purchased and then option click on the label next to the Lion icon. That opened the Lion page with a button saying "install".

It does work. Option then click on the purchases tab. Lion should now saw install. Click on it then you should be able to download.

JRFmac

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2011
Go to "view my account" under Store, then click to show hidden purchases. Go purchases and Lion will now be visible to be reinstalled.

Dopsteri

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2011
From the Dev forum, this fixed it for me:

"For those of you who have received "An error has occurred" while downloading the Lion Developer Preview in the App Store, here is a fix to start the download again:

1. Close the App Store.
2. Open Finder and browse to your home directory (~)
3. Open up Library/Application Support/AppStore/manifest.plist in Xcode.
4. Change the values 'failed' and 'paused' from YES to NO.
5. Move the directory '420410606' to the Trash.
6. Launch the App Store, go to Purchases and click Resume."

--------
For me the problem solved after deleting the .plist -file in Library/Application Support/CrashReporter on OS 10.6.8

Thanks for your advises!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.