Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aparable

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
I've outlined the problems
(http://www.staticmatter.net/motu/start.html)
The story is I can't get my system (macx 10.3.8 pb 1ghz g4) to route Audio. When the 828 is firewired I'm not able to select, from the Cuemix Console, the "Output" option, it goes back to 'Disabled' after selected. My software applications will not use the device without error. However I can control the input levels, select the sample rate and other 'Firewire Console' options and it will update on the 828.
In "Stand Alone" mode (no FW) the 828 works fine, I have audio output from the analog inputs through the bus as I should and I can configure my bus outputs (phones,mains,etc), mix levels too, locally on the device. Leads me to think (hopefully) this could be a driver issue.
I've been working on this for a few days and continue to be device-less, any help/advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot!

aparable

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
Multiple Machines

This happens on three different Mac os X 10.3.8 machines, it seems like it has to be the device.
Anybody out there?? Sure would be nice if tech support watched these forums...
Still stuck, f*ck... :confused: :mad: :( :rolleyes: :mad:

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
I've never used the 828, but a few suggestions, have you selected the 828 in the Sound control panel, both in and output?

Have you installed the 828's drivers?

have you configured the Audio/MIDI setup (with the utility of the same name)?

Sorry if you've done these, just covering bases.

What OS are you using, and have you checked for updates to the drivers on MOTU's site?

Finally, have you discovered OSXaudio.com, the forums there are very good generally.

aparable

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
WinterMute said:
I've never used the 828, but a few suggestions, have you selected the 828 in the Sound control panel, both in and output?

Have you installed the 828's drivers?

have you configured the Audio/MIDI setup (with the utility of the same name)?

Sorry if you've done these, just covering bases.

What OS are you using, and have you checked for updates to the drivers on MOTU's site?

Yes, all this was outlined in the link I provided...

WinterMute said:
Finally, have you discovered OSXaudio.com, the forums there are very good generally.

Forgot about that forum... thanks for reminding! ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.