Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TJone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
I set up iTunes a while ago with the checkbox to only sync "selected playlists, artists, albums...". For some reason though my iPhone 4 has my entire library on it even though I only put checkmarks on a few artists. It seems like iTunes does not see all of the music that is on my iPhone. iTunes used to allow me to only have the music I selected on my iPhone but my entire music library is on my iPhone now. And I don't have the 'entire music library' checkbox on (just a few selected artists). Is there any way to delete music from the iPhone manually. I am JB on 4.2.1 and unlocked and I am trying to avoid restoring but will if I have to. Can I manually go into the music folder and delete all the songs - that may just corrupt the file system and make me have to restore. After that - syncing may work correctly? Any other solutions? Thanks a lot..

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
I set up iTunes a while ago with the checkbox to only sync "selected playlists, artists, albums...". For some reason though my iPhone 4 has my entire library on it even though I only put checkmarks on a few artists. It seems like iTunes does not see all of the music that is on my iPhone. iTunes used to allow me to only have the music I selected on my iPhone but my entire music library is on my iPhone now. And I don't have the 'entire music library' checkbox on (just a few selected artists). Is there any way to delete music from the iPhone manually. I am JB on 4.2.1 and unlocked and I am trying to avoid restoring but will if I have to. Can I manually go into the music folder and delete all the songs - that may just corrupt the file system and make me have to restore. After that - syncing may work correctly? Any other solutions? Thanks a lot..

Try restoring to a custom 4.2.1 IPSW to keep your unlock and after the restore when it asks you if you want to add songs manually or if you want it to sync, check the box accordingly.

TJone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
Alright sounds good. I will give that a try soon and report back. I am still curious what would happen if I remove the contents of the music folder on my iPhone to see if it would sync the music back correctly. I may give that a try first and see if that corrupts the file system or maybe fixes the problem. Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.