Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tbobmccoy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
Austin, TX
Coming from a 2009 MBP... I am in love with this MBA screen.

Why you might ask? It's semi-gloss surface. Sure, it might not -actually- be semi-gloss, but compared to the reflector surface of a glossy screen covered by a glass panel of GLOSS in the Pro, this MBA looks beautiful in any light I've subjected it to. I just thought I'd share my comparative experiences for anyone who might be concerned that the MBA has a junky screen (like I was at first); I find it displays excellently.

mathmad

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2011

Why you might ask? It's semi-gloss surface. Sure, it might not -actually- be semi-gloss, but compared to the reflector surface of a glossy screen covered by a glass panel of GLOSS in the Pro, this MBA looks beautiful in any light I've subjected it to. I just thought I'd share my comparative experiences for anyone who might be concerned that the MBA has a junky screen (like I was at first); I find it displays excellently.

Good to know. Thanks, I will go to apple store tomorrow to get one :D

PaulWog

Suspended
Jun 28, 2011

I agree. The screen looks great.

However, when it's relatively sunny out, you end up having to turn up the brightness a bit. As a result, the battery life takes a major hit. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.