Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rubydoppler

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2010
USA
I have a MacBook Air with Windows 7 installed via Reefit + USB.

Windows is working Ok, except my magic mouse stutters and jerks everywhere. Are there specific drivers some of you use to stop this // fix it??

I also want to update the GPU drivers (GT 320m) but the driver package from Nvidia for the card doesn't recognize that it is even there.

The sole purpose of my Windows installation is to play RTCW (Return to Castle Wolfenstein)
But I get an open GL error that seems to be consistent with needing to update the GPU drivers.

Pic related, it's what I want to play more than anything in this world but can't.

Screen%20Shot%202011-06-21%20at%2011.27.19%20AM.png

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Since Apple don't supply Magic Mouse drivers for Windows (and from my search attempts I've found none) you have to use a standard USB mouse. They cost about £10.

Bootcamp 4? Unlikely, there is nothing wrong with bootcamp as it is.

Rubydoppler

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2010
USA
Since Apple don't supply Magic Mouse drivers for Windows (and from my search attempts I've found none) you have to use a standard USB mouse. They cost about £10.

Screen%20Shot%202011-06-21%20at%2011.35.37%20AM.png

Nuckinfuts

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2011
Syracuse, NY

Nothing wrong? just off the top of my head how about more than 2 finger gestures in windows?

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK

Ah... I see now. I thought you was suggesting that a Bootcamp 4 was on it's way... but it's already here. Pleasant surprise. I stand corrected.

But seriously, I doubt Apple will ever do decent Magic Mouse drivers for Windows. Just get a cheap USB mouse and use that for bootcamp use. Not to mention, how can you play FPS's with a Magic Mouse anyway? It's impossible, even in OS X (or at least I find it to be).

Nuckinfuts

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2011
Syracuse, NY
My only other alternative that I would do in a second is the Mac ported version.. However it's for PPC.. I think

http://www.amazon.com/Return-Castle-Wolfenstein-Mac/dp/B00005V55B

And since Lion decided it would be a good idea to drop Rosetta, this option is a no go.

Logitech Mice are cheaper and have more buttons, I drop maybe $50 every couple years on a Logitech 5 button mouse, for extreme daily use and LAN gaming use, I'd say that's pretty good longevity

Rubydoppler

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2010
USA
Haven't personally tried it, but this might work for the Magic Mouse on Windows:

http://www.addictivetips.com/hardware/use-apple-magic-mouse-on-windows-7/

I have a PC running Boot Camp fully (for drivers) and every function of my Cinema Display (30") and my Apple Wired Keyboard works. This might work for the mouse. I"ll go to Best Buy and try one out to see if it works, then return it.

I believe these are the same ones that I tried out yesterday and they did not work. Let me see if these work.

Wilbourn

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2010
I upgraded to Lion and also have a Windows 7 bootcamp partition set up and here is what I have to do every time I boot into windows 7 at work in order to have my magic mouse connect:

Each time I shutdown, restart or close the lid to my MBP I have to -First- Go to the Bluetooth section and 1st remove the device because it will not auto connect. -Then Next- I have to turn off my magic mouse and close out of the Bluetooth manager section -Then- I have to turn my magic mouse back on and then go back to my Bluetooth manager and click on Find Bluetooth Devices and once my Magic Mouse pops back up I then Right click on my Magic Mouse and then Click on Services (if it doesn't show automatically) and then I check the box that says something along the lines of Install driver for Keyboard, Mice, Etc.. and then I click Apply. Once I click Apply it starts to install the drivers and once its done I click Ok and then my Magic Mouse works.... BUT This is a pain in the you know what because I have to do this sequence EVERY TIME in order to get my Magic Mouse to work and Sometimes It's a roll of the device to get my Bluetooth Apple Keyboard.

I've installed the Current Bootcamp from SL but I am unaware if any are available for Lion yet but like I said I have to do this every time and its annoying. If anyone else knows of a way in which I do not have to do this every time it would be greatly welcomed and especially if it was a manner in which I don't have to pay to download a program or what not.... I also am going to be getting the Bluetooth Number Keypad extension for my Wireless Keyboard soon and I wonder if it will also have the same issue as the magic mouse because although it doesn't take long to do the steps I mentioned it's still a pain because it takes away time from work every morning in order to get them to work and to get started on my case work.

rapita

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2011
I upgraded to BootCamp 4.0 and it's the same for me, the Magic Mouse lekas everywhere and It's unusable, before, with the BootCamp 3.2, Magic Mouse works perfectly.

Anyone to solve this problems???

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.