Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diffuser78

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2008
I had bootcamp running for a while before it got destroyed due to upgrade to Lion. I could not restore the Bootcamp partition, so I had reformatted the bootcamp partition to Max OS C Journalled type.

Now I want to merge it with my regular Max os x drive. How can I do that ?

FYI, this is on my MBP and it has one internal HDD of 200 GB space.

Please help.

Thanks.

Nov 28, 2010
located
Just apply it the other way around (enlarging the first partition after you deleted the second partition):

DiskUtility-Resize.gif

from http://www.creativetechs.com/iq/leopard_disk_utility_can_resize_partitions.html

diffuser78

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2008
hi simsaladimbamba

I first delete the bootcamp partition and then extended the size of Max OS X partition. When I clicked "Parition", my mac book pro hung.

After that I re-started but it is taking too long to boot. It is already like 10 minutes and login screen is not appearing.

I am scared. Can I loose the date if I changed the partition of mac os x size ?

Can you please help me ? How can take a back up of my stuff...? Please help.

diffuser78

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2008
After choosing the recovery option in Lion, I was able to login. Looks like the re-sizing is not done but atleast my system is in a stable state.

Thanks.

suckitpig

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2012
thanks for the tip!

I was looking to resize a partition on an external drive. This worked perfectly. Thank you.

MDJCM

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2009
UK, South
D'oh!

I was trying to do this on an external drive too but it says I can't resize it because it is set to MBR not GUID

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.