Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bodzasfanta

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2009
Used to be (Snow Leopard and before) when you mounted a dmg file, there was an icon in Finder on the top right corner.
Clicking on this it showed the sidebar. Where is it now? How can I get back?

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
Used to be when you mounted a dmg file, there was an icon in Finder on the top right corner.
Clicking on this it showed the sidebar. Where is it now? How can I get back?

not sure of the icon you mean

but does View -> Show Sidebar give what you want ?

bodzasfanta

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2009
not sure of the icon you mean

but does View -> Show Sidebar give what you want ?

There is the button (not icon, sorry for the confusion!), in the top right corner:
SnowLeopardDMG.jpg

And no, show sidebar is greyed out for me...

Last edited:

aresinferno

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2008
It is missing because that button is not often used, other than in Finder. That corner is now almost-exclusively used for a fullscreen button. Finder may not support fullscreen but apple does not wish to 'confuse' users by having something other than a fullscreen button there.

If you want to show the sidebar, first show the toolbar. I had a bit of trouble when I tried and had to show toolbar, show sidebar (which didn't appear), hide sidebar and then a final click on show sidebar made it appear.

bodzasfanta

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2009
It is missing because that button is not often used, other than in Finder. That corner is now almost-exclusively used for a fullscreen button. Finder may not support fullscreen but apple does not wish to 'confuse' users by having something other than a fullscreen button there.

If you want to show the sidebar, first show the toolbar. I had a bit of trouble when I tried and had to show toolbar, show sidebar (which didn't appear), hide sidebar and then a final click on show sidebar made it appear.

Since I've found the TUAW article about it and it's called lozenge.

Right click on the corner, and hide toolbar works pretty much. Just one more click :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.