Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jajaj0

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2011
Hey, every now and then when I minimize a program I get this annoying double sided arrow until I click something. I never had that in SL, just confused if I'm over thinking this.

here's the pic: http://i.imgur.com/NlRTY.jpg

any idea guys lol

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Hey, every now and then when I minimize a program I get this annoying double sided arrow until I click something. I never had that in SL, just confused if I'm over thinking this.

here's the pic: http://i.imgur.com/NlRTY.jpg

any idea guys lol

That's because SL didn't let you resize windows from any angle and had no need for such an icon. You can now resize windows just like in windows, instead of having to use the lower right corner.

jajaj0

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2011
wow that shouldn't even be legal! xD thanks man. I might as well keep the discussion open by asking; you wouldn't know of any way to be able to "right click" on your desktop and "create new textedit document" kind of like you can in Windows???

Also is it me or does facetime in Lion seems to glitch a bit and green screen every so often?? Seems laggier than SL ._. ty<3

jajaj0

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2011
We need some context for that image. Give us a screenshot where you see it, not just the arrow itself.

Well i'll be alt tabbing, minimizing a program and it just appears to be left there in place of my normal mouse. It goes away if I click on the touchpad in any way, it's sort of like a "dead effect" like a dead animation

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
wow that shouldn't even be legal! xD thanks man. I might as well keep the discussion open by asking; you wouldn't know of any way to be able to "right click" on your desktop and "create new textedit document" kind of like you can in Windows???

Also is it me or does facetime in Lion seems to glitch a bit and green screen every so often?? Seems laggier than SL ._. ty<3

not sure if there is a way to just create a new doc on the desktop like windows, but what I do is cmd+space into spotlight start to type text edit, then when I'm done cmd-s to save and when it opens the save dialog press cmd+d and it will switch the save location automatically to the desktop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.