Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Best Accounting Software for Apple iMac?

• QuickBooks 2011

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Quicken

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AccountEdge

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • iBiz

• iBank

• Sage Peachtree Complete

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mac2004

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
I need a good Apple accounting program for a small home business.

I would like something that works well on an Apple and has a good overall reputation (stable, not buggy, easy to use, good interface, invoice templates, etc.).

I mostly need to generate invoices and keep an invoice and payment history on about 25 customers of mine.

The ones I have looked at so far are: QuickBooks 2011 for Mac, Quicken, Peachtree, iBank, iBiz, and MYOB AccountEdge (now Acclivity).

Any suggestions????

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
The only thing that I can say is that unless they completely re-wrote Quickbooks for the Mac, it's so lame and disgusting that I switched to a PC for that software.

Heck, I still have issues from the database from Quickbooks that I transferred from the PC to the Mac and back to the PC. BLEEECH!

SOT DOC

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2009
Maine
I use quickbooks pro but the windows version. I run win7 in parallels for just this one program. But a good person to ask is your accountant. This way your information is compatible with what they use.

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
I'm using Accountedge. No problems, though it may be overkill for what you want. However they may be about to release a "lite" version - so check it out. It's never crashed on me, over many years of use. I've found no bugs, though sometimes the interface can be quirky. Lots of features and reports. You can customize the plain paper forms to create your perfect look. I have no experience with other applications, but nothing my friends have said have made me want to switch. I found AE easy to use.

RUGERMAN

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2010
Multiledger

I'd recommend taking a look at Multi ledger from Check Mark software. I have used it since the 1980s and have never had any problems. It does invoices, statements, POs etc. Ii is a full featured accounting program and maybe more than you need, but it is reasonably priced and will definitely do the job for you. I used it for doing the the books for clients with a variety of types of business and never found anything it couldn't handle. They also have a good stand alone payroll program.

jazzalbart

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2012
I use Solar Accounts on my Mac for our business accounts. It's a pretty simple application to use and cheap to buy. It has a 60 days trial so you can try it out for yourself if you haven't tested already. I'm not able to compare it to Kashflow or any other application myself, because I've not used others.

accountants toronto

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.