Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jpwebbuk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
hey guys/girls i was out on i night out and got lucky ;) and (tried) to get a girls number, little did i know my iphone 4 was completely dead, tried to restart it by holding the sleep button and the home button together, no luck! i'v tried plugging it in to the mains, no luck! (nothing comes up, not even the battery charge sign!) my computer can not find it at all, nothing is working! it is dead!!!!!!!!!! not sure what to do, i would take it back to the 02 shop but im a naughty boy and iv jailbroke it, so any suggestions? i know my warranty is void because of the jailbreak but if they cant get it on (like me)how will they know??? what do u think? shall i just take it to the shop and suffer the conquests? feedback plz!! thanks :)

jpwebbuk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
thanks but still no luck :( just gonna have to take it back to the shop

TBR

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2004
Blackpool - England
thanks

Hold down the home and power button together for 20 seconds or more and it will power back up.
It happened to me before also.
Very weird.

Just wanted to say that your reply was one of the first google came up with and now my phone is up and running again. Thankyou.

Very weird, I was using the phone then I put it to one side, came back 10 mins later and it was just a black unresponsive brick.

sunny4080

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2011
Thanks a LOT!

I was facnig the exact problem with my iPhone4 today...i recently received call and kept my phone back on the desk....after a few minutes i found out that the phone looks dead.....i searched on google and found your thread.....and guess what...it worked....BINGO....Thanks again...not sure if this isa Bug with IOS.

ishaikh

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2011
Thnx a Ton

thnx a alot brother...m ihone 4 had also crashed...but i tired your solution in it worked...bt mine restarted before 20sec could complete....bt all is well now...thnx again...!

kantharp

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2011
A million thanks

thanks a alot mate...my ihone 4 had also crashed...but i tired your solution and it worked...but mine restarted before 20sec could complete....all is well now...thanks again...!

dlijhara

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2011
Thank u guys, holding the sleep button and home did really work for me....thanks once again

uvdpande

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2011
Thanks a gazillion

Man-o-Man! This tip really saved a lot of hassles. I had just got ready to drive towards the Apple Care.

Thanks a Gazillion.

I am a relative newbie to the apple world, but I fail to understand, why the most revered tech company never publishes these in an easily accessible way. :mad:

Thanks once again.

deoncam

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2011
Thanks a bunch!

I bought my iphone 4 before it was available here in the Caribbean. So imagine the hassle with the Third World Authorized Apple Service Provider's store if I turn up with this foreign sourced phone (it's now available locally but locked).

Needless to say I panicked and spent quite a while pressing and holding buttons and combination of buttons for ages with no response. Fortunately before resigning to my faith I searched the net, and viola...

I followed the instructions (skeptically) and... NOTHING. I then put down the phone for some reason, looked away for a few second and when I turned around there was the most welcome sight... the apple logo. It works as before now.

I've never joined a forum but I had to to thank you 'Applejuiced', the tip was simple (before I held the buttons for 10 seconds) but it saved me lots of stress & more importantly, money.

buddysmile

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2011
Iphone 4 Problem

Guys I did the same thing but its still showing the apple logo and its not showing the home screen its only showing apple logo for ever. Please help me guys.

muktananda

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2012
Iphone4 not switching on

Your answer really helped me in switching it on again.
Very funny that the handset just went off the power and I had to hold the power and the other buttong for 10 seconds to switch it on again.
Thanks a ton!

stevekucia

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2012
iPhone4s dead?

Then plug it to itunes and restore it.

I think I know the reply before I post but just in case. I have a 4 day old iPhone4s and am away from the country of purchase. I have the same dead experience as posted by a number of people.

- Holding down the 2 buttons does not work
- recharging does not work
- restoring via iTunes eventually gets me an error 28

I think it's really dead unless there are other ideas. I'm hacked off because I am away from the country of purchase and won't be back for another 4 days so without a phone.

Not happy but would appreciate if there are any ideas.

dixit.28

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2012
Thank you Dudeee....

Dude Thanks a lot this is the best forum for MAC OS. I was bit afraid when my phone is not getting on..But watta solution :))) Excellent..Keep it up..

iamapple

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2012
My apple 4 3g not responding

hi my iphone is not switching on when connected to power it comes on for 1 min and massage comes activation required...once disconnected it goes blank...when i connect to USB only logo comes for few seconds and then go blank..even i tried out pressing home button and home button but of no luck...

can i any one suggest me any solution.

sakin04

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2012
thanks guys!! i got really worried n thought my iphone was dead for real.. pressing the power n the home button together got my phone back on. :D

jeff8640

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2012
Just had this problem with my iPhone4!

Hold down the home and power button together for 20 seconds or more and it will power back up.
It happened to me before also.
Very weird.

Amazing! Worked perfectly for me. Thanks a million! It`s such a strange fault. The `phone was switched on and I went to use it and there was this blue screen, and it started random dialing!:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.