Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Albone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 22, 2003
I've had my powerbook for a year, and never noticed, this T shaped looking thing with an airport symbol on it. I can't find any documentation on it anywhere, either at home or on the web. Anyone know what i'm talking about? What is it?

Sure I can GUESS what it is, but I'd like to know what I'm fooling around with.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
where are you seeing this symbol?? through the OS or somewhere on the hardware?

as of right now my only guess is the BT symbol....

Albone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 22, 2003
Its possible I got it with my emac, but I found it in my powerbook box. Its an antenna? Where would you plug THIS thing in? Or is it possibly older than my emac and powerbook?

saabmp3

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
Tacoma, WA
You don't plug it in anywhere in your powerbook, it's meant for either a powermac G5 or an iMac (but I might be wrong there).

BEN

ChrisFromCanada

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2004
Hamilton, Ontario (CANADA)
is it one of these:

g5_21.jpg

Albone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 22, 2003
Yeah, that's it. So, I'd plug it into my emac then? Is there a port, or is there some lesser known spot that I'd use?

Thanks for all your help!

yippy

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
That is definatly a Powermac Airport antenna. I am pretty sure that they only go with Powermac G5s, you shouldn't have it, don't know why you do.

Rod Rod

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
Albone said:
Yeah, that's it. So, I'd plug it into my emac then? Is there a port, or is there some lesser known spot that I'd use?

Thanks for all your help!

The eMac has a built-in Airport antenna. You have no use for that thing.

_bnkr612

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2004
It goes to a PM G5, since the case is totally made of metal you wouldn't get much reception if the attenna was inside.

Sell it on ebay, it seems to be the trend.

Cheers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.