Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

meredithmc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
I have had my ipod touch 4g since Dec. and have had no problems until now. Recently the battery drained like it normally does, and shut off. I plugged it in to a pc and it wouldn't show that it was charging and the computer didn't recognize it. I tried pressing the home and power buttons at the same time, and that did not work. I tried the same things with it plugged into a macbook, but still it won't charge or be recognized. I have left it plugged in for a day, but it isn't charging. Is there anything I can do or do I need to take it to the Apple Store to get it fixed or replaced?

bb25

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2011
Florida
I have had my ipod touch 4g since Dec. and have had no problems until now. Recently the battery drained like it normally does, and shut off. I plugged it in to a pc and it wouldn't show that it was charging and the computer didn't recognize it. I tried pressing the home and power buttons at the same time, and that did not work. I tried the same things with it plugged into a macbook, but still it won't charge or be recognized. I have left it plugged in for a day, but it isn't charging. Is there anything I can do or do I need to take it to the Apple Store to get it fixed or replaced?

If you put it in recovery mode and it still didn't boot up then you should take it into the Apple Store and see what they have to say about it.

keljan

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2011
see 'stuck in restore loop' post

Hey there, my daughters touch was in a similar state, no recognition of the machine anywhere, and was stuck in a recovery mode loop. We charged it up on her stereo, then went through the recboot process suggested by the gentleman on "stuck in restore loop" post, AND IT WORKED. Give it a try, worst it can do is not work. It also restored all her music an d even pictures, etc.

Last edited:

meredithmc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
Okay, yes, I have tried to get it into recovery mode. I don't have a stereo or dock that will charge the iPod touch or an AC adapter. I think I will take it to the Apple Store today since I will already be close by. Thanks for the suggestions, though!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.