Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madisonfaye

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
Canada
I am now using an iPhone 4, but my old iPhone 3G has a bunch of pictures I want off of it.

Problem is, I forgot my passcode. I've tried everything, I have no idea what I was thinking when I made it.

To make everything worse, it says my iPhone is now disabled and I need to plug it into iTunes. When I plug it into iTunes it says that I cannot load it since it is locked by a passcode.

PLUS, the computer it used to be linked to had a hard drive failure so now it doesn't recognize it as being the main computer used.

What do I do? I only want to get the pictures off of it (I'm using a Windows laptop too if that matters, my MBP is getting swapped out for a replacement)

madisonfaye

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
Canada
I think I might remember what password I used, but how do I make it stop saying "iPhone is disabled" now lol :(

saadahmed786

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2011
so im guessing you found the iphone, lol. most people wouldnt reply to this. but just connect your phone to itunes and put your phone into recovery mode.

1) power button - 10 seconds
2) power button + home button - 10 seconds
3) home button - 10 seconds

Restore the iphone.

caution: everything will be erased from the iphone

madisonfaye

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
Canada
Thanks for replying :)

I only wanted to get the photos off so resetting it would do me no good. I don't even care if I ever remember my passcode lol! The screen is broken (I dropped it), so I had to get a new one and then today I found my old one in my stuff and wanted the pictures.

I hooked it up to my 2006 Macbook and it let me upload them to iPhoto so problem solved! Looks like I'll never be able to get anything else but pictures are all that really matters (all 1500 of them geez)

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Your question is fair enough but thats why the passcode lock is there to protect your data from a finder or thief.

Hope your sorted now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.