Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eccostello8

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2011
Microphone Wave Failure

"Does this happen only in a certain game or all games that you have?"

It happens when I play Pokemon Platinum. Also, to try and avoid this problem I just downloaded Desmume... wow it sucks, so slow. AWESOME how this is really fast and I dont really care about the not being able to save thing but Ive had to restart my pokemon game like 4 times because of the microphone wave failure haha. soooo anything I can do to fix it because I REALLY dont want to use desmume

thank you!

ashwinte

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2010
I have a problem

Awesome job I love play on NO$GBA =D

Sorry no problem!! =D =D

Last edited:

blah07b

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2010
I love you. I downloaded desmume for a bit of pokemon nostalgia, and walking around was so slow it should have been set to Chariots of Fire.

One thing though, it doesn't seem to be able to resize. The window expands, but the actual picture stays the same.

Edit: Also, it crashes occasinally, saying 'microphone wave in failure', and when you press cmd + x.

Last edited:

finkmacunix

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2011
The games may be fast, but the audio is crap… the colours are off… tons of graphics glitches… Yuck… This is why I used to use desmume Mac, but then
switched to a Windows 7 Virtual Machine because… A: Its faster even on A VM. B: Windows desmume has more features.

Anyway, the 3DS is out… So soon, no more DS games will be released. Desmume will have its goal of total compatibility, and then they will focus on speed.

No$GBA is closed source, Desmume is open-source.
And if you use No$GBA, you are using emu code from 3 years ago…
Actually, No$GBA does work good for what is in its name, GBA emulation…

superman6259

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2011
help please?!?!

does anyone know if there is a version that would work for mac os 10.4.11? please help! thank you!! i downloaded it and it said it doesn't work for the mac I have which is 10.4.11 any ideas??:confused::confused::(

jackerbacker

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2010
Austin, Texas
does anyone know if there is a version that would work for mac os 10.4.11? please help! thank you!! i downloaded it and it said it doesn't work for the mac I have which is 10.4.11 any ideas??:confused::confused::(

Unfortunately not. Sorry :(.

I wish I could help get No$Zoomer working on mac haha. I know not how to use Wine.

spahrtacus

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2011
This is a very good emulator. I've had no performance issues at all so far. But I CAN NOT get my 360 controller to work with it. I have enabled controllers in the emulator options menu and assigned the buttons and saved the setup but it simply will not respond to the controller. I even went through the package contents and found the emulator's ini and my settings for the controller are all there, all I can guess is that Wine is screwing with it somehow.

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
United States
Quick Q;

Desmume was known for being very slow (especially when it came to Pokemon). Is this faster?

I found that it's good to have both. Some games work faster on nogba while some run better on dsmume. The current dsmume for mac is very good but for some games like the legend of zelda games run better for some reason on nogba.

The OP is great though for making nogba run on mac. It's awesome! :)

finkmacunix

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2011
Desmume is just a better emulator… Period…

It supports WAY more games than NO$GBA…

I almost switched… BUT after trying it… The horrible audio… The horrible Graphic effects… I just stuck with Playing Pokémon on desmume…

"Desmume was known for being very slow (especially when it came to Pokemon)"

Sure, until you go into a battle :) its 2D in battle so the game will at full speed…

Desmume's motto is compatibility over speed… Why? Well… You can always buy a faster Mac (and have the games run faster), but you can't do the same with compatibility!

BTW, I don't do DS emus anymore… I just bought a Cheap DS Phat, and a CycloDS iEvo, and haven't looked back…

Iversean

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2011
Thank you Isair

first off, I'd like to thank you for this. I was using Desmume but after a while I was getting really annoyed with the lag and how choppy the game would run. (with running shoes) it still seemed like I was walking. hahaha!

Anyways, everything is working fine for my Pokemon Black and White. I just wanted to know if there is anything I can do to make my no$gba screen bigger? I am new to this emulation thing. Any help with the no$gba screen size on a mac would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

----------

I read some having trouble with getting Pokemon Black/White to work on this emulator. I googled and found this website: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=49789.0

enter those codes he lists and everything works fine for me, saving and all.:)

Isair

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
San Francisco, California
first off, I'd like to thank you for this. I was using Desmume but after a while I was getting really annoyed with the lag and how choppy the game would run. (with running shoes) it still seemed like I was walking. hahaha!

Anyways, everything is working fine for my Pokemon Black and White. I just wanted to know if there is anything I can do to make my no$gba screen bigger? I am new to this emulation thing. Any help with the no$gba screen size on a mac would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

----------

I read some having trouble with getting Pokemon Black/White to work on this emulator. I googled and found this website: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=49789.0

enter those codes he lists and everything works fine for me, saving and all.:)

Thanks, I am really glad to see so many people using this, and I get many constructive feedbacks via email and forums. No$GBA itself does not support changing window sizes, but there is an application called No$Zoomer for Windows users which can do that. However my attempts at running No$Zoomer with wine was not successful in the past. There have been many new releases of wine since then, so I'll give it a try with the new versions.

A temporary workaround you can use is to zoom into No$GBA's window by using control + mouse wheel.

ashwinte

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2010
Having trouble when I enter Goldenrod City in PSS

I'm playing pokemon soul silver and every time I enter Goldernrod City my game crashes. It is frustrating because I lose data!! Is there another cheat I could use for this I'm already using:

020DE16C E1A00000
020D3FA8 E1A00000

Please help,
Ashley W

hopeasd

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2011
Freezes within 60 seconds of gameplay (Pokemon Diamond)

The intro works while running pokemon diamond. Within a minute it freezes and I have to quit out. I was told its possible that the ROM is unpatched? Does anyone either have a working ROM or another solution?

atlanta0731

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2011
First Fight

Having an issue with No$ and Pokemon. In every ROM I've tried of Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, it freezes during or after the first battle. Typically it's as soon as the foe Pokemon attacks. Is there a quick fix, am I doing something wrong?

This fixed it immediately for me. All I had to do was turn the sound back on.

http://www.nogba.com/no$gba-pokemon.htm#2

getajob92

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2011
Can't open any games

When I try to select a ROM it tells me that the names can't have any special characters in them. The ROMs don't have any special characters in the names, though, and worked for Desmume :-\. Please help, I can't stand using Desmume.

Resorted

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2011
Keyboard controls

:confused: Well I changed the keyboard control settings, pressed ok, and it worked fine. I closed the window instead of quitting like usual, but when I opened it again, the controls have all reverted back to default. Help? Thanks.

Silfedac

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2011
Hey, I've been getting a hankering for playing DS games recently, and since I don't really have the money and I don't really like DeSmuME that much, I figured I'd try this out. However, every time I try to open it, it refuses to open. Does anyone have any advice? I'm running 10.7.2.

Jung512

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2012
Soul Silver

Hey, Isair,

I see in your first post, you show soul silver while using this emulator. The game works great, but it always says "the rom image has crashed" after I save around Ecruteak, and then I can't start the rom after that because it gives me the same message. That's the same with heart gold as well. Do you, or does anyone for that matter, have a hg or ss rom that works for this emulator the whole game through? Thanks in advance

Niposlinger

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2012
HeartGold

Great job on Nocash. It's super fast, love it. I have a problem though. I have a save from Pokemon HeartGold on Desmume that kept freezing right before I learned how to catch pokemon. I wanted to try opening it in NoCash to see if I could get past that and continue playing on nocash since its so much better. The problem is, I have no idea how. Does anyone know how to port a save from desmume over to nocash? :eek:

mikechurch12

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2012
Saving

Thanks for the sweet Emulator. I saved the states, but when I go to load them, the program crashes :| How do I fix this?

bruceleo

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2012
Desmume 9.7 for mac, working AR Code Entry

used the same concept just used desmume 9.7 as you cannot use the ar codes for the one thats available for mac, so i made a wine wrapper for the windows version and it works great no crashes and saves work perfectly.. this is just another option for you to use if you are having problems with the no$...Pokemon black and White work great no crashing or freezing and the saves load with no problem. Have fun Cheaters........

This is my first try at this so sorry if its a bit rough but it works great so anyone who can improve on it then great.

https://www.cx.com/mycx/share/MEClPkiXEeGC0RICOBt0AA/Desmume.zip

dajanksta

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2011
Just started downloading. Hope this works =]
I was sad earlier apparently my macs graphic cards isn't good enough to run a ps2 emulator =[

Is there a way to make the screens larger? I tried options and tried dragging the corners out but it didn't seem to do anything.
Also Couldn't get the build 8 to even work. Build 7 is good so far.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.