Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Original poster
Feb 23, 2010
Wondering if anyone knows a way to do this?
I had a little Google search for help but did not find anything much, so that I'd ask the experts here ;)

I have all my bookmarks set up great in Google chrome on two PC's and I'd like them the same on my iPad. And I'm hoping there is some way to sync/copy these bookmarks across to Safari on the iPad.

Can anyone help?

I'm sure there must be hundreds, if not many thousands of people who would like to do the same.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Original poster
Feb 23, 2010
Thanks for the suggestions of Xmarks and Chromesync

Xmarks does not mention iPad, and it says something about using the xmarks app on the iphone to access your bookmarks. It does not really say anything along the lines of getting your Google Chrome desktop favorites to show up as Safari shortcut/favorites on the iPad.

Not sure it's worth $23 just to save me entering it in manually.
Even if it does work, which it does not say it does.

kapolani

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2011
USA

Xmarks does not mention iPad, and it says something about using the xmarks app on the iphone to access your bookmarks. It does not really say anything along the lines of getting your Google Chrome desktop favorites to show up as Safari shortcut/favorites on the iPad.

Do you have a Mac? Hackintosh?

I use chrome on my MBA. To quickly get me favorites/links to my iPhone/iPad I copied the folders and links using the Bookmarks manager. I then pasted them to Safari's bookmark manager. I have MobileMe with bookmarks synced so that they get pushed to my devices.

Not the best solution, but it works.

sahajesh

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2004
Sheffield

Hi,

xmarks is free and will sync bookmarks between browsers - your iPad can therefore get the latest bookmarks from desktop Safari if you open that browser and let it sync.

There probably are more elegant ways but that works for free and is free as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.