Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leebm3

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2011
hi guys

hi guys im new here
i too have lost my preview.app on my macbook pro

i have also lost my max osX install cd aswell as my applications install cd

i have tried using my friends disc but it will not allow me to install the applications.

could somebody please send me it if it would be possible to add instructions with it... im not the best with these macs as i am new

thanks you guys!!

dan_leebis(at)hotmail.com

dan_leebis@hotmail.com

appreciate it

Nov 28, 2010
located
hi guys im new here
i too have lost my preview.app on my macbook pro

i have also lost my max osX install cd aswell as my applications install cd

i have tried using my friends disc but it will not allow me to install the applications.

could somebody please send me it if it would be possible to add instructions with it... im not the best with these macs as i am new

thanks you guys!!

dan_leebis(at)hotmail.com

dan_leebis@hotmail.com

appreciate it

Can this help?
Btw, why not use a backup system like Time Machine or CarbonCopyCloner?

For you and all subsequent posters:
When you post in this thread, please be so kind to post your current Mac OS X version, thus the replier can provide the correct version. Thank you for listening.

Example: Mac OS X 10.6.6​

Btw, there are three versions of Preview available in this thread, one for 10.6.6, one for 10.6.4 and one for 10.5.8 I suppose.

download link​

Preview for Mac OS X 10.6.7

________________________________________________________________​

jahbug

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2006
I have been having a different, odd problem with Preview. It works fine with PDF files, and it used to be fine with images too, but one day it just started showing ALL images (JPG, PNG, TIFF...) as only a blank grey screen!

I followed the links above to delete and reinstall the app from a new downloaded version. Didn't fix the problem. Maybe I need to delete the prefs and other associated files too and rebuild them, but not sure how to do that...

any ideas what might be going on...and how to solve it?

Os X 10.6.5 on a dell mini 10V...so no cd drawer. I do my Os X updates from downloaded versions (combined updates) at apple.

thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Szyla

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2011
Heh, I have lost preview as well, and I have no idea how. How's this possible so many people loose it?
Anyways, I have 10.5.8 and I can't use my Mac install disks, as my cd drive is gone, I mean broken...
I'm silly enough not to have any backup in TM either.
Please help :eek:

vega07

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2006
I lost mine too. WTH.

I'd really appreciate if someone can send me the app for 10.6.8.

Thanks in advance.

MacWerx59

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2011
United Kingdom
Well this is embarrassing as well! Having installed Lion recently I don't know whether it installed properly or not, as I have had no other issues, but when I went to open an image it opened up in ColorSync utility instead of the default Preview.app.

On investigation I too found that it had mysteriously disappeared!

Can anyone help me out on this one? :confused:

Nov 28, 2010
located
Well this is embarrassing as well! Having installed Lion recently I don't know whether it installed properly or not, as I have had no other issues, but when I went to open an image it opened up in ColorSync utility instead of the default Preview.app.

On investigation I too found that it had mysteriously disappeared!

Can anyone help me out on this one? :confused:

Preview 5.5 from Mac OS X 10.7

For other versions (and for easier quoting):
Preview 5.01 for Mac OS X 10.6.6 and 10.6.7 and 10.6.8

Preview for Mac OS X 10.6.4:

Preview 4.1 for Mac OS X 10.5.8:
For everyone who needs Preview, here it is in a zip file. Much easier than sending e-mails everywhere... (if you can't see the file, it's still uploading so wait a bit)

If you need any other apps I'll upload them. I only have Leopard versions though.

MacWerx59

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2011
United Kingdom
Thanks for the rapid response simsaladimbamba.

I've now got another problem. When I was hunting around for Preview on my Mac I inadvertently installed 5.01 from Time Machine which of course won't work on Lion, so when I try to overwrite it with 5.5 I get the "Preview" can't be modified or deleted because it's required by Mac OS X.

Any ideas on how to get past this?

God, I feel such a noob!

Nov 28, 2010
located
Thanks for the rapid response simsaladimbamba.

I've now got another problem. When I was hunting around for Preview on my Mac I inadvertently installed 5.01 from Time Machine which of course won't work on Lion, so when I try to overwrite it with 5.5 I get the "Preview" can't be modified or deleted because it's required by Mac OS X.

Any ideas on how to get past this?

God, I feel such a noob!

Checked the permissions yet?

Finder > select Preview >> GET INFO >>> Sharing & Permissions
MR_SS_2011_04_GET-INFO_format_permissions.png

MacWerx59

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2011
United Kingdom
When I get info on my system disk, even though I'm logged in as admin, it says that I can only read and instead of 'admin' it says 'wheel'. WTF?

ScreenShot2011-08-02at233228.png

Hence I'm still getting the same message even when my permissions are the same as yours.

marissablues

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2011
ok mate just checking, could be useful for future members searching this thread which has been done.

i have Snow Leopard so i cant give you mine. but you said you have 10.5.8? that is Leopard so the Preview linked from Leopard should work, unless you have a previous version and Preview was updated.

Hey, can you send me the snow leopard version of Preview? accidentally deleted mine. thanks! my email is marissatan96@hotmail.com

gunyo

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
Deleted preview app on lion

Hello,
COuld You send me the preview.app file. I deleted it accideentaly My system version is Mac os X 10.7.2 and my email is kamiltorres@wp.pl
thank you

poisonpirate44

Suspended
Nov 14, 2011
Hey everyone,

my computer is running on 10.4.11, I don't suppose anyone has a version of preview that early for me?

If anyone has a link to a download appropriate for my operating system I'd be very grateful or you can email me at scrawnycartoons999@hotmail.com

Thanks!

jayarenas

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2012
Please help... Preview App

Guys,

I accidentally removed my Preview App on my dock. Can anyone guide me on how to re-install again or if I need to downlaod the app, can anyone provide me with the app.

Please email me at j_arenas1 [at] hotmail [dot] com

I look forward to your assistance Guys. Thanks much!

Regards,

JA

Nov 28, 2010
located

jdkoops

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2012
Hey Friends,
Same situation here... preview is gone. MyOSX discs are buried somewhere - can someone please help. I am running 10.5 PPC G4 - if someone could please
dropbox the preview app - thanks!

-J

sauravk1

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2012
I have deleted preview.app

Hi Can someone please please please send me preview.app on saurav.detox(at) gmail dot com.

I dont have my OS reinstall CD's anymore. It would be immense help as all my pics are now opening in colorsync

Nov 28, 2010
located
Hi Can someone please please please send me preview.app on saurav.detox(at) gmail dot com.

I dont have my OS reinstall CD's anymore. It would be immense help as all my pics are now opening in colorsync

For what Mac OS X version?

When you post in this thread, please be so kind to post your current Mac OS X version, thus the replier can provide the correct version. Thank you for listening.

To find out what Mac OS X version you run, click :apple: > About This Mac:
IDyourMacOS.png

Last edited:

Zakko1999

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2012
Malta
Preivew not found

Could someone please email me Preview.app because I lost it and I dont have the installation disc (second hand macbook)
Thanks in advance
email is :icamenzuli@hotmail.com

cerote

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2009
Could someone please email me Preview.app because I lost it and I dont have the installation disc (second hand macbook)
Thanks in advance
email is :icamenzuli@hotmail.com

As the post directly before you said.

For what Mac OS X version?

To find out what Mac OS X version you run, click :apple: > About This Mac:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.