Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ljrkrispes

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
So....My phone bricked while I was in Yellowstone National Park, with a bunch on not-backed-up to the computer pictures. When I got back and went to see the Genius, he had me back up my data and set up the iPhone as a new device (he found a software glitch). When I downloaded everything anew, I neglected to tell the iPhone to keep all the synchronized pictures and they are not in the phone. I have gone through my backup and pulled out all the pictures, but they do not seem to be in a picture format--they will import into iPhoto, but not sync with my iPhone. They have a long string of numbers and letters as their file identifier. I can't even get a screen shot that works..Help!

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
You have not provided much helpful information. When you look at the files in the Finder, do they have an extension? You might have to append the .jpg (or whatever) extension onto all the file names in order to get the iPhone to recognize them.

Use something like NameChanger (google it) to do extensions en masse.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Make a backup, restore from one that had the pictures, import the pictures, then restore from the newest backup you made and re-import the pics.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.