Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SnapperUK

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2007
London
Having problems with the app store on my primary mac pro. It won't download any updates or install Lion. No problem with the account as have installed Lion on alternate Mac Pro, MBP and imac.
Basically I just get a spinning wheel in the bar at the top.
I have tried, deleting preferences for app store, logging out in app store and itunes, removing system drive from spotlight and then re-adding, repair drive preferences etc.
App store recognises I need updates but never actually starts downloading them when I click update. Similarly it won't start to download lion.
I have had problems with the app store on this machine for a while but I think it has been intermitent. Now it won't do anything.
Anyone got thoughts on what to do?

Zerozal

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2009
PA
Try deleting both ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.appstore.plist and the folder ~/Library/Application Support/Appstore, then relaunch Appstore.

SnapperUK

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2007
London
Just tried this and it does exactly the same.
I have to enter my password, then all I get is a spinning wheel in the top left next to the fwd/back buttons. No flying icon into the app folder.
Any other thought anyone?

rdzman

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2010
fix

I had the same symptoms. I deleted ...

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.appstore.plist
~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.storeagent.plist
~/Caches/com.apple.appstore
~/Caches/com.apple.storeagent

Then I used Activity monitor to kill the storeagent process. When I restarted the App Store application, it updated fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.