Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

astrofaes

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2008
I would be interested in the thoughts of anyone who has purchased these too as they look absolutely stunning and it appears you can choose from quite a few different colour combinations.
http://shop.jolioriginals.com/collections/macbook-air

€77 incl. shipping to UK though :eek:

11_brown_yellow_side_grande.jpg

il_570xN.228847151.jpg

13_black_aqua_side_grande.jpg

astrofaes

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2008
I have the joli for the 11" and my wife one for her iPhone, they're great. Handmade in Holland.

Do they make them for the 13" now? Is so I'll one one today, last time I inquired they didn't.

It appears they do indeed make them for 13" :D

How thick is the leather +felt if you don't mind me asking? Do you find it provides reasonable protection (I'm not expecting steel-like protection!) - maybe against heavy knocks? Is the leather quite firm/stiff?

jason.siegel

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2011
Mine was just delivered to my house, and I'll be there to pick it up in an hour or two. As far as pricing, you should know it's variable due to the currency conversion from Euros, and also there's a Paypal fee of about $3 for the international purchase.

For me, the total was $115.96 + $3.13.

drxcm

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2010
I have the 11" black leather / red felt Joli case.

It is easily the nicest sleeve I've owned for any of my laptops, and I'd recommend it in a heartbeat. Very nice quality.

mscofield

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2008
I'm thinking Joli Originals vs. Pack and Smooch.
Leather vs. wool exterior..
Leaning towards the Joli, though.

nkawal

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2011
NYC
I'm thinking Joli Originals vs. Pack and Smooch.
Leather vs. wool exterior..
Leaning towards the Joli, though.

I have the pack & smooch on my mac air 13". I love it so much that i bought the matching ipad 2 version as well.

mscofield

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2008
I have the pack & smooch on my mac air 13". I love it so much that i bought the matching ipad 2 version as well.

Hmm, this is gonna be a tough one.

Joli:
- all leather exterior
- nice color accents
- made in holland :)

P&S:
- all wool exterior
- extra room in front

Brooke00000

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2011
How do you guys find the protection of the Joli sleeves? Do you feel comfortable putting it in a bag?

jason.siegel

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2011
If I punch my bag, my display might crack. But I won't be worried about things rubbing up against it in my bag, or someone bumping into me.

No-Me

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2011
Rotterdam
I've got the 11" brown-yellow and it absolutely rocks! :)

Yeah it's a lot of money, but I don't think it's expensive for a leather sleeve.
This is the first laptop sleeve that doesn't suck, on my older apple laptops I always had a secondskin or a foofbag.

How do you guys find the protection of the Joli sleeves? Do you feel comfortable putting it in a bag?
Sure,.. a lot of people put their MacBook Air just in a bag, I feel a lot better when I have a sleeve around the MBA.

Last edited:

Brooke00000

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2011
I went ahead and ordered a custom grey leather/lime green felt -- will report back! Joli has been great to work with.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
The problem with cases like the Joli, I'd be worried about sullying the case. I tend to avoid cases that do not relieve concern.

jason.siegel

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2011
Leather is easy to clean; especially black leather. I spilled a chai latte on mine a couple days ago. It ran off the top, and then I wiped it with a wet napkin. No big deal. :)

cityathrt

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2010
Gosh these cases are pretty, I'm really really tempted to get one. I'm concerned things might get into the opening though, and scratch up the side of my MBA. There isn't enough material to fold over the opening, correct?

jason.siegel

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2011
That is a possibility. Actually, I've seen a couple lines on my case already. (They came off.) If you want to rationalize it, a perfectly straight scratch has more aesthetic value than a nonlinear scratch. :) The only way out of this is to get a zip case, really.

cityathrt

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2010
If you want to rationalize it, a perfectly straight scratch has more aesthetic value than a nonlinear scratch. :)

Bahaha that's funny. I'm a bit stuck -- I love the look of the Joli Originals, but worry about the side. I dislike zippers intensely, find them too annoying. I wanted to go for an Incase Neoprene sleeve originally, but noticed that the opening did not overlap. Over time, the top will become loose and yawn a little, allowing scratches on the top or bottom on my MBA. I suppose scratches on the side are a lesser evil..

cozmot

Mar 16, 2008
Washington, DC
Mine was just delivered to my house, and I'll be there to pick it up in an hour or two. As far as pricing, you should know it's variable due to the currency conversion from Euros, and also there's a Paypal fee of about $3 for the international purchase.

For me, the total was $115.96 + $3.13.

I'll stick with Neoprene. :)

No-Me

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2011
Rotterdam
Gosh these cases are pretty, I'm really really tempted to get one. I'm concerned things might get into the opening though, and scratch up the side of my MBA. There isn't enough material to fold over the opening, correct?

Why would stuff get into the sleeve? :) I rather have a opening than a zipper that scratches on my MacBook.. When on the road I use the sleeve to put the MBA on, so if there is anything that scratches on the table it won't "hurt" my MacBook :)

Mine has no problems at all, :)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.