Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tangent123123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2011
So, I just got a bill from the iTunes store for the following:

Trace-zero, Seller: tianming zhang (9+) $4.99 - x3 copies
The underwear is floating, Seller: tianming zhang (9+) 1.99 - x12 copies

Artist: Game Fruit

----------------

Anyone have this issue before? Does the iTunes customer service deal with this or am I better off just calling my bank?

Thanks!

psonice

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2005
Could be an error, but it could be that your account has been stolen (this happens quite a lot). 1st, change your iTunes password immediately in case it has been.

And yes, get in touch with apple, they'll sort it out for you.

scypher84

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2008
This just happened to me about an hour ago, after I made my first purchase in the Mac App store.

I did a search and found this thread. There are roughly 60 copies of this Trace-zero game billed to my to account. Game Fruit just took $300 from me. I've contacted Apple already but I wonder if I should also call my bank first thing in the morning?

psonice

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2005
Like I said in that last post, 1st thing is to *immediately* change your iTunes password to something secure (not a dictionary word, mixed numbers, letters and symbols, at least 8 characters).

Were the purchases for a single game, or in-app purchases?

kitkit55104

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2011
trace zero

hi scypher84
I just had the same thing happen to me today, I would like to know how you contacted apple and was your problem taken care of ?I tried emailing them and am waiting for a response I'm hoping you might have a phone number.

thanks
pat

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
This just happened to me. 7 x 44.91 + 39.92.

You can call 800 MY APPLE and talk to someone directly, but they are only open from 6am to 6pm PDT (assuming you're in the US). You can get to someone directly then.

After that, I called all institutions I have set up for iTunes purchases, and disputed all of them, so if one doesn't handle it, the other will.

But definitely change your password.

BL.

yetanotherdave

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2007
Bristol, England
This happened to me before.
I changed my password and called my bank to cancel my card.
I then emailed iTunes support, they froze my account and refunded the money, verified my password had been changed and re-enabled it.
Since then, I only use itunes gift cards.

NigelDL

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2011
Same thing happened to me!

Exact same thing happened to me for a grand total of $528.00. I disputed it through Paypal, canceled my charge card, and contacted Itunes. Itunes email support is totally useless. So much for great customer service. They want to blame everyone but their security. They have yet to respond to the Paypal dispute. I will try calling on Monday to get to the bottom of all this. I did CHANGE PASSWORD AND SECURITY QUESTIONS ON ALL ACCOUNTS!

I just dont understand why Apple let these apps through the approval process if they are obviously there to use for scamming purposes. Check the gamefruit apps out and you can see not one review.

CarletonTorpin

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2011
Wow. Based on how many people are experiencing problems like this, maybe there should be a sticky at the top of this forum that contains all the apps that have been reported as engaging in this type of scamming activity. An App Blacklist, as it were.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.