Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

annamac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
Hi guys, after a long battle I managed to upgrade my unlocked/jailbreaked iphone 3G to iOS 4.1 (without changing the baseband - i used Pwnage Tool 4.1.2 and ultrasn0w). I have now reception with my German carrier and everything is great, BUT whenever I try to tether with that iPhone (either USB or Bluetooth) the screen flashes and then only shows the pineapple. What do I have to do to make it work again? (After the initial jailbreak/unlock 2 years ago with quickpwn the tethering worked just fine).

Thanks!!!

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
I could be wrong but did you answer your own question? It must be baseband related ...

annamac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
no change in baseband, yet before tethering worked...

.... now all i get is the short flash and then the pineapple. I used a custom made ipsw to not change the baseband with the 4.1 update, so why would the tethering work before the update and not now? Am i missing something?
And what does the flash+pineapple mean?

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
.... now all i get is the short flash and then the pineapple. I used a custom made ipsw to not change the baseband with the 4.1 update, so why would the tethering work before the update and not now? Am i missing something?
And what does the flash+pineapple mean?

Some of the Tethering tricks that worked in version 3 of the software does not work in version 4. You have to get MIWI or Tetherme from Cydia to solve your problem. It is not a baseband issue.

annamac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
but i still have the slider for tethering, and can enable it, just the phone goes in pineapple mode as soon as connected to the mac.
does this info make a difference?

annamac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
installed tetherme - still pineapple mode!

now I installed tetherme - at least i think i did, since I had the tethering-slider before that in settings already, i cannot really tell (how do I check?).
However, when I try to connect the iphone to the mac to tether, same old same old (=pineapple mode).
HELP!

annamac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
HELP - iphone won't tether anymore!

ok, i need more/still help. i had the tethering slider BEFORE installing tetherme, but did pay and install tetherme, switch on tethering in settings, but as soon as i connect the phone to my mac, it switches to pineapple. WHY? and what can i do? I urgently need my tethering function!!!!

annamac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
I used pwnage tool 4.1.2 and created an .ipsw version 4.1....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.