Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ijustfarted

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
I know I'll be in the minority here but I wish the iPad were a bit bigger. 11.6"-12.5" would be sweet. I already love my iPad 2 so much I'm starting think I don't even need to buy another laptop again. so having a bit larger screen would make it even nicer for a main machine.

I see everyone just hold it on one side singlehandedly like you would hold a piece of paper anyway so if it's larger it would still be thin and light enough to not strain the hand that much. I actually hold the back with one hand and my hand wraps around the back (similar to how most people hold their phones). I know I have seriously large hands and am a pretty big guy so I think most things could do with getting larger but any normal sized people feel the same way? :D

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I can see why, but I like the current size. It makes me all giddy inside thinking about the iPad 3 being even thinner. *drools*

spiderman0616

macrumors 603
Aug 1, 2010
No, but I would like a narrower bezel to give me more screen real estate. The hardware itself needs to stay exactly the size it is now.

Paulywauly

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2009
Durham, UK
I like the current size, if anything I'd like a smaller 7 inch version too rather than a lever one, but it's not gonna happen anytime soon

ljonesj

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
Kingsport TN
the physical size of the ipad is great but i do wish it had more storage space as i can fill it up with apps and movies and tv shows my music is stored on my touch

ctbear

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2010
I know I'll be in the minority here but I wish the iPad were a bit bigger. 11.6"-12.5" would be sweet. I already love my iPad 2 so much I'm starting think I don't even need to buy another laptop again. so having a bit larger screen would make it even nicer for a main machine.

I see everyone just hold it on one side singlehandedly like you would hold a piece of paper anyway so if it's larger it would still be thin and light enough to not strain the hand that much. I actually hold the back with one hand and my hand wraps around the back (similar to how most people hold their phones). I know I have seriously large hands and am a pretty big guy so I think most things could do with getting larger but any normal sized people feel the same way? :D

I hate to say this...but why not get a MBA 11"?

porcupine8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2011
No, but I would like a narrower bezel to give me more screen real estate. The hardware itself needs to stay exactly the size it is now.

For me, the bezel is barely wide enough - I often find myself accidentally clicking the side of the screen when I'm trying to hold the bezel.

I wouldn't mid an iPad with a full 8.5x11 screen for reading, docs, etc - but I think it'd have to be a bit thinner and the same weight as now (or less) so I'm guessing that's a couple years out.

palpatine

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2011
i would like a larger one, and the small screen size was one reason i held out so long before buying it--i had hoped apple or android would come out with something A4 or bigger so that I could view PDFs at their regular size. Alas, that didn't happen (perhaps the galapagos, but that is a dead-end product).

thankfully, the ipad is pretty good at handling pdfs, so i have been getting along ok, and i don't think i will change to any android stuff in the future, even if they develop a decent 10.something tablet. i really doubt a larger (or smaller) iPad will come for a very long time because of scaling issues.

singlestick

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2011
Southern California
Tough call. I can see the benefits of a slightly larger iPad, but the current size hits a sweet spot with respect to portability and ease of use (keypad and screen size.)

Ijustfarted

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
You normies don't understand the light of us giants. I'm 6'7" and 275lbs with freakishly large hands. Could hold the iPad like it's an iPhone.

Ah meaning part of the minority really sucks. I understand the size it is now and it makes sense but I just want it bigger :D

lukebar

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2007
Oak Park, IL
IPad as sheet music reader

I know I'm really in the minority here, but I use my iPad as sheet music as a pianist. It's just a tiny bit too small. Make it a 12 inch screen and I know a lot of musicians who would be snatching them up. Although, Apple seems to be doing fairly well with the current form factor...

xMBPx

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2010
I want a 13". I would love if my MBP screen detached and worked as my iPad.

Cheffy Dave

macrumors 68030
Sign me up. I keep wishing the iPad was closer to the size of the standard Letter size.

It's not a tablet :(

I would keel over for an 11' MBA i7/4 GB/256 with a touch screen!:eek: :cool: As it is, as an ultimate This 11" is Apples BEST machine, and the only one I would consider after our 3 -11" 2010 MBA's with the 480 GB OWC SSD's, which I will replace as soon as Apple gets rid of that HD3000

Last edited:

Cheffy Dave

macrumors 68030
You normies don't understand the light of us giants. I'm 6'7" and 275lbs with freakishly large hands. Could hold the iPad like it's an iPhone.

Ah meaning part of the minority really sucks. I understand the size it is now and it makes sense but I just want it bigger :D

DUDE! I am glad I don't have to buy your clothes or feed you! LOL, this is coming from a 5'3" mini you:D

qtx43

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2007
I wish it were just big enough that the keyboard would be the correct size. The A to L distance is about half an inch short, which makes it difficult to type (fingers too fat).

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
I want a 13" version with a few more features for around the house. I think it would be the perfect couch device. I'd keep my 10" for on the go use.

It would need a resolution increase though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.