Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
I have an Apple bluetooth keyboard that came with the iMac, but it's been sitting unused since we are using a full-sized USB keyboard with the iMac. I plan to use this bluetooth keyboard with my iPad when it comes. I already have a few bags that are the right size to hold the iPad and the keyboard, but I want a sleeve for the keyboard so it doesn't bump with the iPad. (I don't want a sleeve for the iPad, as I'd like to be able to just slip it out of the bag to use.) Has anybody seen any sleeves for the keyboard?

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
YES! :) - Waterfield Design makes a great case for the keyboards - sfbags.com - I've got the case for the current keyboard and the old plastic BT keyboard - they are both fantastic and top rate - highly recommended.

I buy all my cases and bags there if they make something that fits my needs.

Tim

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
I like those SF cases though I'm not excited about another 5-7 ounces of weight. i wonder...with the BT keyboard really need a case? Honest question.

Other than the aluminum getting a little scratched and possible nicked, what other damage might come from tossing it into say a messenger bag otherwise unprotected?

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
I like those SF cases though I'm not excited about another 5-7 ounces of weight. i wonder...with the BT keyboard really need a case? Honest question.

Other than the aluminum getting a little scratched and possible nicked, what other damage might come from tossing it into say a messenger bag otherwise unprotected?

I'm not worried about the keyboard getting damaged, I don't want the keyboard to scratch up the iPad!

I'm also just a bit paranoid about the keys catching against other stuff in my bag -- I'll also have my wallet, eyeglass case, documents with staples and paper clips on them, etc. in my bag.

Hmmmm, reading that, maybe what I need is a three compoent bag? :D

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
Consider wrapping a piece of stiff cardboard with a little padding, then slipping it between the keyboard and iPad. Use any case you want that has room for both.

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
The three component bag would be a much better idea.

Yeah - my iPad will be in its own sleeve, a standalone model to start, and ultimately probably one built into a bag I get down the road. So the iPad itself will have its own protection from the keyboard and everything else.

Then, just slip the keyboard into a separate pocket...

Oops - meant to multi-quote Night Springs comment saying he was worried about damaging the iPad moreso than the keyboard...

benmrii

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2007
FL
Bit late to the party, but thank you for the sfbags.com suggestion. Been looking for a sleeve for my keyboard and came across this thread. Worth the bump for anyone else interested...

lego batman

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2011
Austin
I have a friend who keeps his BT keyboard in the box when she is on the move and it looks a bit awkward since the box is pretty beaten up. I might have to pick one up for her but that means we would have to stop making fun of her :p

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
For anyone who is still looking, I have to go with WaterField too.

Waterfield%20keyboard%20slip%20case%20small.jpg

palpatine

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2011
incase origami workstation. very compact, low-profile, inexpensive, and perfect for a road warrior. all of it fits comfortably into a man purse, and because it is separate from the ipad, you can always pull out the ipad and use it as an ereader alone. it is the perfect accessory :)

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010

jennyfer

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2008
Another vote for the Origami workstation. I just used mine this morning. You can use with your ipad in a case (or not) and it's been one of the best accessories I've ever purchased. Big thumbs up!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.