Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Henry Li

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2009
After updating to Lion, I cannot swipe back to previous page in Finder with either three fingers or two two fingers, as if what I did in Snow Leopard. Any solution to it?:(

Thanks!

Henry Li

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2009
Trackpad Prefpane, More Gestures, Swipe Between Pages. Easy fix.
It does not support two-finger swipe in Finder. Once you turn on three-finger swipe, it works, but swiping between fullscreen apps will become 4 fingers which sounds quite strange to me.

Therefore, I better abandon the swiping within Finder. I'm disappointed with Lion.

Piplodocus

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2008
Ah, that's better! Just was annoyed by not being able to swipe back, and found it here - set to 3-finger page swipe.

I'm not bothered about 3 finger drag. I'd end up dragging stuff random places sooner or later! :)

technopimp

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2009
I have this problem...I have 3 finger swipe enabled, but as soon as you switch to another app from your Finder window and then back, the swipe won't work. I have to open a new Finder window, then it will work again. Driving me absolutely insane...why did they have to screw with the basics???

iamjimbob

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2011
I was also missing the 3-finger swipe in safari and finder, but also thing think the two finger swipe is good also, especially for pdfs. If you change the 'Swipe between pages' to 2 or 3, it gives you the old three finger back, but doesn't lose the new two-finger gesture. It does mean the swiping between full-screen apps moves to 4 fingers, but that is manageable. Much happier now I've found that.

alandlc

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2010
I was also missing the 3-finger swipe in safari and finder, but also thing think the two finger swipe is good also, especially for pdfs. If you change the 'Swipe between pages' to 2 or 3, it gives you the old three finger back, but doesn't lose the new two-finger gesture. It does mean the swiping between full-screen apps moves to 4 fingers, but that is manageable. Much happier now I've found that.

This is what worked for me. I thought a gesture for going back and forward a page would be universal (i.e., just two-finger swipe), but whatever, this is what I did.

Sucks there's no option for this on the Magic Mouse, though. Going back/forward a page is one-finger swipe, whereas swiping between full-screen apps in two. If you change back/forward to two-finger swipe, it disables the ability to swipe between full-screen apps. Lame.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.