Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iperson21

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2010
title says it most, but here are my needs:
-im gonna start programming, writing xcode probably, first iphone apps, then to android =)
-word processing, just like any other high school student
-lots of browsing.... i just like browsing.. and reading news.
-i watch a lot of movies, but hd space isnt a big deal. i have an external one.
-and probably one of the biggest needs- im gonna use BigPhone from the mac app store for my google voice account.
-i also wanna play a couple games, possibly minecraft, cod, a.b., pvz, basically games from the mac app store, maybe even NOVA 2
so what do you guys think?
i currently have a 13" PC and a 10" Hackintosh, both not very good for everyday use.
i <3 my hackintosh, my only problem is the screen is a little small, not really small, and the trackpad/palm rest looks like it was designed for a baby.
lol
thanks in advance.
i also have a droid inc 2 and ipod touch.
and please don't say im spoiled. i work for all my stuff.
and the 2 models im deciding from are the 1,199 11" and the 1,299 13"
thanks agagin

Fasailmac

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2009
I went in to best buy today. I found the 11 inch screen to be sharper and brighter than the 13 inch. I also had no problem with having a word window and a browser window open and it worked well. I ordered the 11 inch i7, so excited to get it.

LightOnAHill

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
ALWAYS smaller

I just finished 8 years of post-high school education, and during both high school and that other stuff we like to call college which is really partying with cliff-notes (until grad school, that's heat), i always opted for an ultra-portable.

I usually liked the small thinkpad X series laptops before they were made by lenovo, and they were great machines. Smaller, and people with their big 15" and 17" screens would mock the first day, but class after class, I'd show up with the laptop, at the library, walking across campus, and never once did my shoulder hurt. Their laptops soon became dust-collectors in their dorms.

end conclusion?

Smaller is better for a mobile student. When you're an old fogie, then get the 13"

no offense to those that got the 13", it by itself, being an Air, is still extremely portable if not ultra, BUT, the 11" out portables it. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.