Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stevietheb

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2004
Houston
macbaseball said:
Not sure if anyone is into baseball, but i'll ask anyways. Does anyone have a good source for baseball desktops (ballparks or players).
My team is the Astros (always has been, always will be...and American League baseball sucks...and I live in Boston now!)

Can't speak for other teams, but the 'Stros usually have wallpapers of individual players at the official site. They're really hokey looking. I used to have the entire starting lineup cycling through every minute in the proper batting order. I am convinced that it was this desktop that allowed the Astros to go on their incredible run last season. Some folks say it was the bullpen gelling and the addition of Beltran and Oswalt pitching healthy--I think it was the desktop.

THE POINT: Perhaps check your team's website...

freebird

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2004
Here's some I've taken:
IMG_1859.JPG
Camden Yards
IMG_1821.JPG
Fenway
105-0548_IMG.JPG
]Safeco 1
105-0552_IMG.JPG
Safeco 2

stevietheb

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2004
Houston
I've got a few photos of Fenway and Enron/Astros/Minute Maid Park that I'll post here later on today when I get home.

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
freebird I love you lol!!!

THANKS FOR THOSE!!

And the cool part - I've been to all of those stadiums!

Bibulous

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2005
Comerica Park

Willie Horton, Ty Cobb, Charlie Gehringer, Hank Greenberg, Al Kaline and Hal Newhouser (HOF but Horton)

macbaseball

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
Northern California
Thanks for posting your pics. There all great. Where exactly is the one with the statues. Also if anyone else has pics, I would appriciate them posting them, as would some other people.

Bibulous

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2005
They are from the outfield at Comerica Park, Detroit, wish I could post files larger then 100kb? Here is one of Big Mac at Tiger Stadium, best seats in baseball

stevietheb

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2004
Houston
Bibulous said:
Here is one of Big Mac at Tiger Stadium, best seats in baseball
Except that it means you're watching the Tigers!

J/K, any seat at an MLB game is fine by me. I hope I can get my hands on some cheap Sox tickets this year even though I'm not a huge fan of the Red Sox (though, I do like Curt Schilling), and, more generally, don't really care for the AL. (Growing up in Houston you need to have a loyalty to the NL, that way you experience what it's like to win it all sometimes...)

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
give me a few weeks. i'll head over to camden yards one of these days, and get some shots of the stadium/statues/old camden station. if i get ambitious, i'll take the screen off my windows and take a shot of the stadium from my bedroom.

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
I got a couple of real nice ones from Fenway I'll have to post when I get home.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
decksnap said:
I got a couple of real nice ones from Fenway I'll have to post when I get home.

Some nice pictures of Fenway. I will look forward to seeing yours also.

lfielder06

Dec 5, 2004
I like this thread. I was looking for some good ones of staduims and couldn't find any until I found this site. Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.