Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rahuls

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2011
Hi I've just bought a new 13" MBA and I'm really pleased with my purchase! I was just looking to protect it with a felt case, possibly for under £30. I've tried looking on other threads but it's not brought anything that I'd like. Many thanks for your help!

Rahul

Peteyy

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2011
England, UK
Hi I've just bought a new 13" MBA and I'm really pleased with my purchase! I was just looking to protect it with a felt case, possibly for under £30. I've tried looking on other threads but it's not brought anything that I'd like. Many thanks for your help!

Rahul

What kind of thing you looking for? I went with this:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1206486/

The other option is something thicker like the Incase Sleeve Plus:
http://store.apple.com/uk/product/H...fnode=MTY1NDA2Ng&mco=MjA5ODA1NzY&s=topSellers

Ignore I didnt see FELT :D

Duke15

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2011
Canada
theres the hard graft ones, but go on etsy and search there, i found a tone and there cheaper than the hard graft ones, also the manufacturers typically let you customize if you want

RobQuads

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2010
I really like the look/feel and quality of the Tucano Second Skin Microfibre but it appears no-one in the UK sells them and the only way to get it is direct from Italy and then it will end up costing ~£40 which is just silly money

BFMS-MB13-GV%5B1%5D-01.jpg

psxguru

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2006
I really like the look/feel and quality of the Tucano Second Skin Microfibre but it appears no-one in the UK sells them and the only way to get it is direct from Italy and then it will end up costing ~£40 which is just silly money

I'm pretty sure Amazon, Best Buy etc sell them?

RobQuads

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2010
I'm pretty sure Amazon, Best Buy etc sell them?

Not in the UK they don't :( They list some of the colours with a 1-2 month delivery but grey one is not listed at all. They have the normal second skin which have MACBOOK AIR plastered all over it (I don't really want to advertise to the world what I am carrying).

henrikrox

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2010
m-keeper-1.jpg

Heres mine, for my new air, i love it

It looks a bit more professional, and i think that's a +

bp1000

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2011
Well i'm still looking for a suitable case for my mba 13"

Everyone who posts is American and they have some great bags / cases over there but cost to ship to UK with taxes is ridiculous.

I just need a compact 13" case (ideally made for the air so it isn't bulky) with a small pocket for the adapter for a decent price. I'm not going to pay in excess of £50 for a feckin laptop bag.

henrikrox

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2010
mine cost like 15 dollars with 3 dollar for shipping.

its suited for the mba 13" and theres another for 11"

havnt tested with the charger though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.