Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gangst

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
UK
Whta's your favourite plug-in, what app do you use it, and whaat does it do?
Please only post plug ins for creative apps, e.g Final Cut, Photoshop, After Effects......

My favourite is for Final Cut and is DV Matte 1.5

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
for PS

for me it's in PS Elements, but the one used the most, and thus my personal favorite, is the Melancholytron filter. It has so many variables, a good preview screen and is totally reversible from the Edit menu.

The effects can go from subtle (for example, a slight vignette of edges) to sepia toning. It's a great filter when not overdone, and when overdone if you want to!

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
My favorite would be Magic Bullet Editors for FCP. For After Effects, I would say TinderBox 3. Trapcode Shine is a nice plugin, but how many times do you use the shine effect?

adamjay

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2004
Indianapolis
would audio apps be considered creative apps or is this a visual creation only thread?

if it counts, i love the Generator Synth AU (Audio Unit) plugin, i use it in Ableton Live 4.1

Stiwi @ Alphakanal made the plug and its free. Though it will be getting a new name and update in a week (because of copyright issues with the name "Generator")

its very cpu effecient and highly stable. its one of the only soft synths i trust in a live performance situation and its only going to get better.

pulsewidth947

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2005
If its AE, probably one of the trapcode plugs. If its Photoshop i'd probably have to say gaussian blur.. sorry its vanilla, but i use it all the time !

If we are taking audio plugins, heres my condensed list - microtonic (drum synth.. awesome), reaktor :p, waves plugins..

gangst

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
UK
yea course audio apps would be considered creative. when i said creative only, it was only so i didnt get stupid plug ins for messenger ans stuff like dat

andrewfee

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2004
Noise Ninja. It can do wonders to the quality of your photographs.

I was pretty desperate to get a better camera, but now with a few minutes in noise-ninja I'm really impressed with how some of the shots actually look. Sure, a better camera will make them better still, but right now I have other things I'd rather spend my money on, and purchase the camera at a later date.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.