Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phySi0

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2011
You don't want to know!
Face Ache, you have an epic man cave. I love the 'cluttered' feel, I am not a big fan of open spaces, I prefer a nice cozy place. I also much prefer darker small rooms with a bit of glow, so your place looks perfect to me. Also, iJasonTATE, I love the Cinema Display. I prefer the look of those ones to the current ones that Apple sells and I want the 1920 x 1080 Cinema HD Display 23" as part of my collection (if I ever start one, that is)! I may actually use it as my external monitor to my MBP if I end up buying one.

Here is where I put my laptop every night and everything that's on it right now! I don't usually have anything on it at all, but for some reason, I currently have some junk laying around! The other two photos are pretty much the whole room.

Attachments

• Photo on 15-08-2011 at 05.23.jpg
    Photo on 15-08-2011 at 05.23.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 290
  • Photo on 15-08-2011 at 05.28.jpg
    Photo on 15-08-2011 at 05.28.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 281
  • Photo on 15-08-2011 at 05.28 #2.jpg
    Photo on 15-08-2011 at 05.28 #2.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 343

pagansoul

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2006
Earth
Love the sactional! How do you like it? The wife and I were looking at them for our media room, but couldn't sell our current seating in time for the sale they had going.

I love sactionals but they are a bit expensive. I got many of my pieces at a 50% off the floor model (3 sides/2 bases) series 5 (small version) in my livingroom and the TV lounder for my media room. The standard color for the series 5 is Chocolate Velvish and it is perfect for my house.

Attachments

• sac1a.JPG
    sac1a.JPG
    12.5 KB · Views: 6,519
  • sac2a.JPG
    sac2a.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 6,523
Last edited:

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Does anyone have pics of their home projection system (that is, something like a Mac or HTPC connected to a projector and screen)? I currently have a 32" LCD TV and am moving into a new home with any luck in about a month. We're thinking about having a basement movie theatre with a ceiling-mounted projector and a screen, along with something like a Mac Mini and external drive or a windows compact PC that has BD, or something along those lines. I guess this loosely fits into the man cave category. :)

fhall1

macrumors 68040
Dec 18, 2007
(Central) NY State of mind
Does anyone have pics of their home projection system (that is, something like a Mac or HTPC connected to a projector and screen)? I currently have a 32" LCD TV and am moving into a new home with any luck in about a month. We're thinking about having a basement movie theatre with a ceiling-mounted projector and a screen, along with something like a Mac Mini and external drive or a windows compact PC that has BD, or something along those lines. I guess this loosely fits into the man cave category. :)

There's already a "show us your home theater" thread.

----------

I love sactionals but they are a bit expensive. I got many of my pieces at a 50% off the floor model (3 sides/2 bases) series 5 (small version) in my livingroom and the TV lounder for my media room. The standard color for the series 5 is Chocolate Velvish and it is perfect for my house.

Don't use the fireplace much eh? :)

iJasonTATE

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2011
BTW, you are spoiled. But, if that is a Chelsea flag then Come on you Blues! Part of the CIA over in the Michigan chapter!:apple:
I buy It all my self, I have a job. And it is a Chelsea flag!

----------

I wouldn't ever think to call that spoiled for a 14 year old. Its not like anything there, apart from iPad, is new.
And its not hard for a 14 year old to earn some money around the house/neighborhood.

RE my man cave, its a work in progress so I wont post a picture, since the work in progress is it being in another house all together.
I work in an office. In the I.T. Dept. paid internship people.

----------

That's not really "spoiled". It might be more than the average 14 year old, but it really isn't that much...

About the man cave, I don't really have a man cave. :(
Let's see yours then.

----------

the tv and the view is all I need along with ipad of course
I live In Philly baby!!!1

zwodubber

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2011
PA
Got some work started over the weekend. First coat of paint is on, 2 sides and back wall are this color and the wall with the TV will be a nice light beige I found. Also got the rears wired into the wall and got the pivoting mounts the way I want them.

Paint is still wet in the first pic, it is a flat color. Second layer of red should be done tomorrow then it's time to move the TV and do that wall.

photosds.jpg

photo1-60.jpg

Back wall first coat

photo2-29.jpg

This is what sucked. Whoever did the plaster before I moved in left it so bumpy and crappy looking I had to smooth it all out. It's hard to see in the original picture but it really bothered me when sitting at the desk.

back corner before prep

photo3-16.jpg

back corner after prep, looks like my house was unloaded on...

photosd.jpg

Last edited:

pagansoul

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2006
Earth
There's already a "show us your home theater" thread.

----------

Don't use the fireplace much eh? :)

I don't use the fireplace at all. If I could I would rip it out of the livingroom all together. The builders put it on slant in the corner, screws up the entire flow.

phishindsn

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2009
Here is a picture of my man cave, litterally. I built out a space in my attic that is accessible by climbing a ladder from the hallway.

Attachments

• panorama (2).jpg
    panorama (2).jpg
    984 KB · Views: 1,521

FX120

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2007
Did you blow out the speakers?

RIAA Equalization curve for EMI Records?
Nope and nope.

OK since no one got it, it's to compensate for the 12db/oct roll off of a driver in a sealed box. In this case it is for my home brew subwoofer. I have the parts to build the proper circuit but as I am a lazy bastard, it hasn't happened yet so I still rely on my clunky but functional 30 band EQ.

But I has serious 20hz response.

djmodifyd

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
Nope and nope.

OK since no one got it, it's to compensate for the 12db/oct roll off of a driver in a sealed box. In this case it is for my home brew subwoofer. I have the parts to build the proper circuit but as I am a lazy bastard, it hasn't happened yet so I still rely on my clunky but functional 30 band EQ.

But I has serious 20hz response.

That was my next guess

DJRobertobeats

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2011
My Room

13" macbook pro 8GB RAM 512GB hard drive. 16GB iPhone 4, 8GB iPod touch, 60GB Classic, Vestax DJ controller. Blackberry bold 9700, xbox 360, vancouver canucks

Attachments

• DSCN5559.JPG
    DSCN5559.JPG
    712.8 KB · Views: 330
  • DSCN5561.JPG
    DSCN5561.JPG
    700.4 KB · Views: 334
  • DSCN5562.JPG
    DSCN5562.JPG
    682.6 KB · Views: 393
  • DSCN5564.JPG
    DSCN5564.JPG
    669.2 KB · Views: 265
  • DSCN5558.JPG
    DSCN5558.JPG
    714.5 KB · Views: 355
Reactions: Pkupman57
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.