Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheFredrik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
I know that when apple says that I have to upload the binary, they mean the app in a .zip file.
But how do I get the .app file in XCode 4.2?
In the sidebar, the filename is in red.

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
I know that when apple says that I have to upload the binary, they mean the app in a .zip file.
What makes you think that? Cuz that's not what they mean.

But how do I get the .app file in XCode 4.2?
In the sidebar, the filename is in red.
What filename? In which sidebar?

With Xcode 4, you should just create a properly-configured archive and use the Organizer to submit to Apple.

TheFredrik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
Oh, then the tut I found, must be old.

EDIT: Yes, am new to this, and how do I do that? (lol)

TheFredrik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
Sorry for that, but I have here you have a picture of what I mean:

screenshot20110816at355.png

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
Ok, its not red anymore.
But is this normal?

(Yes, im new to this stuff)

You need to change the identity to your Distribution one, not Developer. Also select the name of the application under the Application dropdown. As long as you've downloaded your mobile provision files you should be good to go.

TheFredrik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
You need to change the identity to your Distribution one, not Developer. Also select the name of the application under the Application dropdown. As long as you've downloaded your mobile provision files you should be good to go.

I cant select the Distribution and there is no other options under the "Application dropdown"

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
I cant select the Distribution and there is no other options under the "Application dropdown"

Have you not downloaded your application's mobile provision file from the iOS provisiong portal yet? If not, then you will need to do so.

TheFredrik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
Have you not downloaded your application's mobile provision file from the iOS provisiong portal yet? If not, then you will need to do so.

I had to re-download it, and I can now choose the Distribution from the list, but I still can´t choose an application from the Application drop down.
(It just says "No Value")

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.