Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

njsa04playa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 5, 2010
new joisey
Hey does anyone have some good ideas for a desk that I can put in my new bedroom? Thanks and my price is basically anything up to 500, i was looking at ikea but there are simply soo many options i dont know what to chose, so id like to hear some peoples experiences with certain desks.

Id put a mbp on it as well as an external display, and i also need some room for paper work

soundguy15

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

I've always been a fan of Milk's desks

http://www.milk.dk/products.php

However the Milk Mini starts around $1700 so it's a bit out of your price range.

Primus84

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2005
UK
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

I've always been a fan of Milk's desks

http://www.milk.dk/products.php

However the Milk Mini starts around $1700 so it's a bit out of your price range.

And that's an insane price for a desk!

I'd go with an Ikea Gallant - expandable and customisible!

njsa04playa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 5, 2010
new joisey
And that's an insane price for a desk!

I'd go with an Ikea Gallant - expandable and customisible!

question, i am going to ikea today, is there anything i can actually see in person or is it all over the web?

Last edited by a moderator:

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
question, i am going to ikea today, is there anything i can actually see in person or is it all over the web?

If you have an iThing, you can download the free IKEA catalog app. If I'm in a hurry, I get a little frustrated going through their little hamster maze and I'd rather view the catalog ahead of time. Another option: I bet the entire catalog is online. The catalog is a little easier to see on an iPad as it is really just screen shots of pages from IKEA's paper catalog so you will do a lot of pinching and zooming on an iPhone or iPod Touch.

The app came in handy when our daughter was asking for something she saw in an IKEA catalog. She said it was $129. Sure enough, part of it was $129. The other pieces added up to another $600!

BTW, those Milk desks are nice. I spent close to $2K on a desk one time but it was a hand built roll top desk. However nice it may look, I can't imagine spending $1.7K on that thing you lean against a wall. In your price range, go to IKEA.

njsa04playa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 5, 2010
new joisey
If you have an iThing, you can download the free IKEA catalog app. If I'm in a hurry, I get a little frustrated going through their little hamster maze and I'd rather view the catalog ahead of time. Another option: I bet the entire catalog is online. The catalog is a little easier to see on an iPad as it is really just screen shots of pages from IKEA's paper catalog so you will do a lot of pinching and zooming on an iPhone or iPod Touch.

The app came in handy when our daughter was asking for something she saw in an IKEA catalog. She said it was $129. Sure enough, part of it was $129. The other pieces added up to another $600!

BTW, those Milk desks are nice. I spent close to $2K on a desk one time but it was a hand built roll top desk. However nice it may look, I can't imagine spending $1.7K on that thing you lean against a wall. In your price range, go to IKEA.

Hey i just checked out your ipad review and it is quite on the spot

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.