Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gta50419

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
will iCloud use iPhone data plan when listening to music from "the cloud"?
Don't think i cloud would be a great idea if it uses 3g data plan unless att comes out with a unlimited plan. :confused:

Anyone have an in dept article how iCloud works, the apple site didn't explain how all of it works.

gta50419

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
ok, sorry for the stupid question, just found out about "the cloud" yesterday. wasn't sure if "cloud" worked through internet or some type of free satellite service. but yeah i can see this failing for iPhone users, they're data will be maxed out on the first day of use.

Would only be useful for people who have MacBooks or for people who only listen to their iPhone in wifi areas.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
ok, sorry for the stupid question, just found out about "the cloud" yesterday. wasn't sure if "cloud" worked through internet or some type of free satellite service. but yeah i can see this failing for iPhone users, they're data will be maxed out on the first day of use.

Would only be useful for people who have MacBooks or for people who only listen to their iPhone in wifi areas.

The above poster already mentioned that nothing is being streamed, so its up to you to be the smart consumer and use wifi spots or wifi sync to get your music to your device if you want to minimize your 3G data usage.

And data wont be as maxed out as easily as you think because iCloud backup only backs up the changes to your data, and updates are only in the form of delta.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.