Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redathene

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2011
I am currently on a Dell desktop running Windows Vista. I purchased a Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Drive (1.5 TB) so that it would make transferring files easier for when I move to a MacBook Pro next week at college. As I will be using and working with a Mac 95% of the time, I purchased the mac version of the drive. I've downloaded the Paragon driver, and all seemed fairly well.

I tried transferring my files, but the transfer got stuck. Now, my drive is giving me an error that basically boils down to "you can't delete or modify or move stuff to this drive."

I'm leaving tomorrow morning, and I need to have my files leave with me and copy over. I don't get the new computer until Monday.

So, my question is:
I've heard that Fat32 will talk to both Windows and OS. Is this true, will this work for transferring assorted documents, music, pictures, and video, or have I wasted my time, money, and sanity trying to make my life easier? (Sorry to come off sharp, it's rather stressful enough without this problem.)

-tWv-

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2009
Ohio
Yes, Macs can both read/write FAT32. If you want read/write capability for NTFS drives you will have to install a driver like ntfs-3g

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.