Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

m021478

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 23, 2007
Does anyone know if there is a URL that will force my iPad to open the desktop version of twitter, not the mobile version?

I know you can always just go tot the mobile version then click the 'Standard' desktop version link at the bottom of that page to visit the desktop version of Twitter, but I'd like to know if there is a direct link that will force an iPad to display the desktop version.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

chain752

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2010
All you have to do is go on twitter, click on the desktop version and add a bookmark. It worked for me when I just tried it as a bookmark and on my home screen.

m021478

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 23, 2007
That worked because when you did that it creates a cookie which is stored for later use...

I am actually building an iPad app right now, and a section of the app has a built-in browser that links to twitter, and I would like to have it automatically load the desktop version the first time around, rather than requiring that people click the desktop button first to store the cookie.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

chain752

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2010
Would it be possible to make the app you're building go to the desktop version of a website? I'm not a dev so it might be a dumb question.:D

Beee199

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2011
Help

So i have an iPod touch &inotice that once u access mobile.twitter it doesnt allow u to access the original twitter.com desktop page? Anythin u guys know bout that'll help me find the original desktop page?

MacHanix

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2011
İstanbul
Help on iphone

So i have an iPod touch &inotice that once u access mobile.twitter it doesnt allow u to access the original twitter.com desktop page? Anythin u guys know bout that'll help me find the original desktop page?

Hi guys, i read about a 'standard' button but i couldn't find it on iPhone Safari. It insists on opening the mobile site version. Where is this 'standard' button? I would really appriciate a help here. Thanks.

StevenMiles

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2009
Hi,
anti-microsoft and TheWheelMan, how would I identify the app's browser as a desktop browser? I'm trying to do exactly what m021478 is trying, and I'm also stumped so far.

--Steve D.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.