Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
neilrobinson said:
well i use to own a goat... like a big male one... he was about 5ft tall, will post a picture when i can find one, a great pet!

That is an awesome pet! If I end up living in a rural area when I finally buy a house, and finish university, that I'm going to get a pet llama. Oh, and another dog, of course.

Apple //e

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2003
my baby sid

hes a 5yr old weimaraner and hes a little punk. he loves bacon, grapes, strawberries, and asian pears. not much of a guard dog but a great companion. i love him to death

edit: i came really close to getting a turkish angora kitty but as a single parent thought it would be too much. i love cats though

Attachments

• sleepysid.JPG
    sleepysid.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 437

belair

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2004
Luxland
That picture of the weimaraner is really nice. These dogs look so intelligent. Even if this one is sleeping. :rolleyes: . I would love to get a dog like this but since I am going to be living in an appartement its not such a brilliant idea.

ah yes, about the spider…
ahhhaaaaahhhhahahh wholly…aahhhhheeh (really scary)

Apple //e

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2003
belair said:
That picture of the weimaraner is really nice. These dogs look so intelligent. Even if this one is sleeping. :rolleyes: . I would love to get a dog like this but since I am going to be living in an appartement its not such a brilliant idea.

you just have to give them plenty of exercise. a brisk walk daily and active play time about 2-3x a week. it is a lot of work though, especially if you have to take it out to pee/poo 3x a day. but its worth it. they really are very intelligent and obedient. i havent had any disciplinary problems aside from the occassional eating of food i didnt store away carefully.

Attachments

• IMG_2329b.jpg
    IMG_2329b.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 332

criana

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2004
Connecticut
Cute Pics

Everyone has such great pics of their special ones!!

robotrenegade - great photo of the gray car!

csubear - i love the iBunny, he/she is so cute!

Mitthrawnuruodo - weapon of mass destruction, I almost fell over laughing, because just last night, I was cutting back the nails on my cat, and said to myself, well those 10 weapons of mass destruction are a little less harmful.

My arms, face, chest, back, butt, legs and hands can attest Melody is a weapon of mass destruction. :p

Here's my cat Melody, we usually just call her Mel.

P1180067.jpg

This is her watching TV:

P6051020.jpg

bankshot

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2003
Southern California
Cool thread, lots of cute pics. :)

We currently have three: Kinder (the tabby, pronounced like the first half of kindergarten), Jasmine (black cat), and Squirt (the mouse).

kinderledge.jpg
jachair.jpg
mouse1.jpg

All 3 came as strays at various different times. The mouse lived in our apartment for several months before we finally caught her. We could hear her running around at night and found lots of mouse poop in places, but the live traps never worked... she just ate the food without triggering them! Finally one day Kinder was eyeing the closet intently, so I opened it and out came the mouse. The cat pounced and dropped the mouse at my feet. So I grabbed the mouse (still stunned) and dropped her in a little cage. We've had her ever since (almost 3 years ago now) - figured leaving her in the wild would probably just make her some coyote's snack one day. :eek:

Here, Kinder's a little miffed that she couldn't enjoy her catch... :p

catmouse4.jpg

My wife and I are both more dog people, but we love all animals and could never turn them away. Finally we just bought our first house and are getting ready for a dog. I like labs and my wife likes pugs. We wanted to rescue a shelter dog and labs are much easier to find at shelters, so we thought we'd get one of those first. But then we saw this little pug, Bruno, on a shelter's website and our hearts melted. We met him this past Saturday and he's just the cutest little thing. He got a little respiratory infection at the shelter so the vet wanted to keep him another week, but this Friday we get to take him home so he can have fun terrorizing the cats... :D

Bruno.jpg

Whoah, guess I wrote a bit much there... what can I say, I love my pets. ;)

BTW, http://www.petfinder.org is a great site if you want to rescue a pet from a shelter. :cool:

Pugdawg1

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2004
Elko, Nevada
bankshot said:
Bruno.jpg

Whoah, guess I wrote a bit much there... what can I say, I love my pets. ;)

BTW, http://www.petfinder.org is a great site if you want to rescue a pet from a shelter. :cool:

Love that face! I adore the pugs.. I have three males ~ two fawns, one black, I believe I posted pictures in this thread, but it was quite awhile ago. Two are rescues, one came from a breeder. And as for petfinder, I'm constantly checking that... I don't NEED a 4th pug, but if one, reasonably close to me, needed a home, I wouldn't say no. :)

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
daveway00 said:
My 2 dogs on their sofa photo shoot. :p
Maltese and white micro miniature schnauzer. Louie and Sugar Queen
attachment.php

All of the above pictures are very nice.

I happen to have a special place in my heart for a schnauzer. Had a Giant Schnauzer growing up. My wife and I have owned three of them. She looks very regal, white is a very uncommon color. Al least I'm used to black. ;)

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Daveway, dog on right, looks like a character from Kill Bill Vol2. You know the one. :D

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
Lacero said:
Daveway, dog on right, looks like a character from Kill Bill Vol2. You know the one. :D

I've heard it brought up before. :D
To answer wdlove, the white shnauzer that I have is very rare. We drove 300 miles to get her and our vet said she is so rare that he had never seen one in 25 years :eek: .

Nanda Devi

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2004
East Lansing, Michigan
This is my little baby boy, Papillon (Papi), all tucked into bed. I noticed a lot of other grey kitties in this thread, and they all look so much like mine. I love all cats, but there's something about those grey ones...

Papi is a complete freak and tears around the apartment at full speed with no warning. He really like hummus, oddly enough, and will lick right out of the container if given the chance.

Attachments

• IMG_0072.JPG
    IMG_0072.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 2,685
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.