Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikebatho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Greater Manchester UK
Went & bought a mini earlier this evening.

All very nice stuff. With the mini, do you ever get a BATTERY CHARGED SYMBOL?

I'm waiting for the DO NOT DISCONNECT warning to dissappear before I throw my music on. Should I not bother waiting? Do I just go ahead & load it up while the warning is there?

I'm also exhausted from trying in all the different fields for my music in itunes, song, album, artist, genre. Alright, some you can copy & paste, but it's a major task getting it all in order!!!

Ha.

mikebatho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Greater Manchester UK
Volume...

Hey, It's not very loud either!!!

Has volume got anything to do with the rate files are imported as mp3s?

The sound quality is very good, but my CREATIVE player goes much louder...

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
The EU limited the volume on iPods. You can get programs to get around this on versiontracker.com

If you can't find it post back and I'll look.

mikebatho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Greater Manchester UK
ok

ok, I've downloaded the software. Have you used it yourself? Which of the 2 do I use?

I'm gonna have to do a restart anyway, as the finder isn't seeing my damned ipod. New G5, but it's pretty buggy!

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
mikebatho said:
ok, I've downloaded the software. Have you used it yourself? Which of the 2 do I use?

I'm gonna have to do a restart anyway, as the finder isn't seeing my damned ipod. New G5, but it's pretty buggy!

I don't think it really matters which you use, it's all explained in the read me.

My iPod has been really buggy recently too. It can often crash itunes and the finder on the multiple macs I use. A software restore has half cleared it up.

mikebatho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Greater Manchester UK
Hmm

Its a pain, cos the ipod is saying DO NOT DISCONNECT but there's no icon on the dektop to eject first, so I'm worried that unplugging it while the warning is there will knacker it.

Hasn't so far, but...y'know....

mikebatho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Greater Manchester UK
Ipod update application?

Where do I find that...?

Also, I've just used the volume-sorter software thing. I slid the bar up to 100%, that was right, yeah?

I've not had a listen yet. Do I need to do that whenever I put new songs on?

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
iPod update software should be in your utilities folder.

You should only need to put the volume up once and the iPod will remember that until you restore.

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
mikebatho said:
Its a pain, cos the ipod is saying DO NOT DISCONNECT but there's no icon on the dektop to eject first, so I'm worried that unplugging it while the warning is there will knacker it.

Hasn't so far, but...y'know....

Yeah that would happen to me if i conected my iPod while my computer was asleep...just restart the computer and try not to connect it while its asleep.

Peace

DjVoTeZ

mikebatho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Greater Manchester UK
Ahh, but..

It's a real pain. I'd never connect while my g5 was asleep (?). It seems to see the ipod whenever it feels like it, probably about 70% of the time. The rest of the time I plug it in and get no recognition whatsoever & have to reboot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.