Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
Nanda Devi said:
This is my little baby boy, Papillon (Papi), all tucked into bed. I noticed a lot of other grey kitties in this thread, and they all look so much like mine. I love all cats, but there's something about those grey ones...

Papi is a complete freak and tears around the apartment at full speed with no warning. He really like hummus, oddly enough, and will lick right out of the container if given the chance.

I'm not a cat person. They just spook me way to much. :eek:

pigbat

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2005
daveway00 said:
I love Maltese. I think they're the best family pets. :)

He has been the greatest dog I've ever had. He's a little high strung when people come over but once they pay a little attention to him he's fine. How old is yours?

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
daveway00 said:
I've heard it brought up before. :D
To answer wdlove, the white schnauzer that I have is very rare. We drove 300 miles to get her and our vet said she is so rare that he had never seen one in 25 years :eek: .

Did you purchase Sugar Queen from a breeder? Which is something that I highly recommend. Does the white color just happen at random or is the line also white on both sides? I know that salt & pepper and black both come from parents of the same color. Certainly would prefer the white over salt & pepper.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Bought mine from breeders. The only recommended way to attain dogs or cats.

Pugdawg1

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2004
Elko, Nevada
Lacero said:
Bought mine from breeders. The only recommended way to attain dogs or cats.
Ohhh I dunno. I have both purchased dogs from outstanding, responsible breeders, and I have also adopted rescues.. the rescues weren't any more difficult, more unhealthy than the purchased ones. Yes.. perhaps I've had good luck, some rescue animals DO have issues, behavioural or health wise. And some don't.
Currently I have one that came from a breeder, one that was dumped by a family that just flat didn't want him, and another that was abandoned along a highway and wound up at an animal shelter. And I've had many others over the years. Just depends on the person though, and what they are really wanting. Both are fine ways to get a pet. IMO

mariahrg

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2004
Paso Robles Ca
Here is a picture of my two chinchillas, Sandy and Gilbert.

Attachments

• chin.jpg
    chin.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 254

crazytom

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
IL
The one that keeps me from doing work...

...must have been in contact with iBunny...

Attachments

• DSC00474.jpg
    DSC00474.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 273

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
Here are my dogs....all cockerspaniels. The blonde is Jovian (male 5 years old). He is the smart one....does tons of tricks including giving hugs and never causes problems. The black/white is Kubrick (male almost 3 years old....my favorite). He is the fun one. Tail is always wagging, mouth open, ready to play.....but sometimes gets into trouble.

Attachments

• Jovian.jpg
    Jovian.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 2,038
  • Kubrick.jpg
    Kubrick.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 2,508

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
and the 3rd one.....The black one is Samara (female almost 2 years old). She is calm all the time, a bit fat....and tends to get into trouble (chewing stuff up).

Attachments

• Samara.jpg
    Samara.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 2,510

Singing Storm

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2005
here
Aaaawwwww all these pets are so cute...the tarantula was kinda scary though. My brother is away in college, so my mom and I get to take care of his Nile Moniter, Bearded Dragon, and his Senegal Parrot (Mango). He used to have a Ball Python, but had to give him away because there wasn't any more space for all his pets.

I, however, have my Calico kitty, Bella. I'll try to post some pics of her and the rest up soon if I can.

CaptainCaveMann

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2004
Singing Storm said:
Aaaawwwww all these pets are so cute...the tarantula was kinda scary though. My brother is away in college, so my mom and I get to take care of his Nile Moniter, Bearded Dragon, and his Senegal Parrot (Mango). He used to have a Ball Python, but had to give him away because there wasn't any more space for all his pets.

I, however, have my Calico kitty, Bella. I'll try to post some pics of her and the rest up soon if I can.
Our Parrot is named Mango to! :D

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Singing Storm said:
I'm honored :)

lol, my cat sleeps like that some times too

I have a dog that sleeps like that sometimes also.

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your cat and any of the others they you care to share. If you are like me, you consider them to be just like family.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
My dogs do that when they want to play. So I am obliged to spend 10 minutes tickling their tummies.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
wdlove said:
I have a dog that sleeps like that sometimes also.

Our dog, Chewey, loves to rest like that after I get home, and get rubbed with my hot, swollen, and maybe smelly feet ( :eek: ) after I get back from working the retail floor on my long day (10 hours+) and on my "Friday" (which is Saturday). Otherwise, it is just a normal "Daddy's home". Go figure! :)

Singing Storm

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2005
here
I'm trying to get the pics of my cat and the Nile Monitor up...but I'm running into some difficulties :eek: I'm not posting this up to flood, but I tried something before, and it didn't really work, sorry.... :(

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2002
Alameda, CA
Nanda Devi said:
This is my little baby boy, Papillon (Papi), all tucked into bed. I noticed a lot of other grey kitties in this thread, and they all look so much like mine. I love all cats, but there's something about those grey ones...

My next cat will be a grey one like yours... I've always been very drawn to them, but have never adopted one. (And Papillon is one of my all-time favorite movies.)

Just felt like sharing.

Nanda Devi

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2004
East Lansing, Michigan
Thanks for sharing. :)

Papi's actually named more after the book than the film, although I like the movie too. If you haven't read the book (Henri Charriere), I highly recommend it. There's also a sequel called Banco that is quite good.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
I've never seen that breed of dog. Cool. How long do they live? They look very portable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.