Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Savio92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2011
Pagani (SA)- Italy
I bought an Ipad 2 GSM which was on 4.3.3, so I had the chance to jailbreak it with jailbreakme, and I did it. After two days I had to restore it, and I installed 4.3.5. I tried to downgrade the device, but tinyumbrella says that the only shsh saved for my ipad is the 4.3.5 shsh. Is it possible that Cydia hasn't saved my SHSH for 4.3.3?

anthdci

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2009
you may have bought it with 4.3.3 pre-installed, but if apple has stopped signing 4.3.3 at that point then Cydia wont have been able to get it.

anthdci

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2009
also I wouldn't trust cydia alone to get the SHSH blobs. Cydia will have at least a million device ECID's that it requests SHSH blobs for from apple. It can only do so many at a time to prevent apple from blocking the Cydia server so it maybe that you cydia has got your devices ECID on file but doesn't get round to getting your SHSH blob before apple changes it to a new version. Much safer to use Tiny Umbrella and do it yourself.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
I got mine a few days ago too and jb it and cydia indeed cant get shshs anymore so my ipad better not be crashing anytime soon :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.