Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aamir101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2011
Thinking if getting the incase slider case for my ipod touch. Any bad points? Reviews? Im going to have a screen protector on the screen only. I dont tend to drop it too much but want a new case. No cheap quality stuff. Any other ideas? Thanks :)

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
In my experience, all 2-part cases leave scratches on the back.
The joint is a natural place for dirt to acccumulate and the dirt (not the case) ends up leaving scratches.

wrinkster22

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
The joint is a natural place for dirt to acccumulate and the dirt (not the case) ends up leaving scratches.

yep, my ipod (2g)'s back got so scratched :( i was not to happy.

FluffyPop

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2011
I used to have one. Yay.

It's lightweight and doesn't make the iPod bulky. But it's true that it may scratch the back of your iPod.

lhlee96

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2009
Sydney
I've been using an Incase Slider for over a year, and I'd say the "pros" definitely outweigh the "cons". The case is solidly built, and offers excellent protection and functionality. Some dust can get in through the gap, but as long as you clean the case once in a while, it is not a problem.

afroAnt

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2011

Same thing happened to me but its a very nice case. So Yay!

itouchipodtouch

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2012
No don't get slider case it sometimes hard to get them off(I am struggling getting my slider case from my iPod )

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
all the cases that are 2 piece that i have had either, crack, break, or scratch my iPod. not worth it no matter what company makes it. heck even if griffin mae one i wouldn't buy it. and i love griffin cases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.