Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Harvey Specter

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2011
Portland, Oregon
So I just changed my simple passcode to a passcode with letters, and I decided I didn't like it so I tried changing it back but when I try to enter the passcode I just made it's telling me that it's the wrong passcode :confused:

How would I go about fixing this? I'm using my iPad right now and I can't lock it otherwise I'll get locked out

Harvey Specter

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Only problem with that is I currently don't have a computer that it is synced to. My old windows laptop crashed and I've been running my iPad solo for a few months now :/

Harvey Specter

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Sounds almost like you have stole it :p

It may sound that way, but it isn't. I've got the box and everything. Had it since march.

It's currently in the never lock the screen mode, so it's on. I'm trying to salvage my data using iPhone explorer, but having no luck on the passcode yet

RossMc

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2010
Newcastle, UK
Only problem with that is I currently don't have a computer that it is synced to. My old windows laptop crashed and I've been running my iPad solo for a few months now :/

If that's the case take it to the Apple store and they should be able to sort you out. I'm not sure if you will be able to keep your data if they restore as new but with the iCloud beta thing you will still be able to download all your purchased Apps again but not anything else which was on there if they can't keep the data.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.